All reviews ensuite bathroom one night breakfast was delicious minute walk sarah bnb host
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Blair House is a 5 min walk into Winchombe. The house is a beautifully decorated old house that has style and grace. The room I stayed in overlooked the garden and was light and had period features throughout. The paintings on the wall were stunning and really gave a sense of lightness to the room. Although it was a shared bathroom this wasn't a problem. There was no noise as the house was obviously well built. I slept well in a very comfortable bed and there were extras throws as it was cold. Breakfast was yummy and so well presented, the hosts were a delight and very hospitable. Having wifi was great and it worked well in the bedroom. There was a sitting room at the front of the house which was communal and this was beautifully decorated with local original paintings of the area. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: June 2013
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Lovely welcoming hosts. The bathroom was downstairs but we didnt hear anyone above us whcih was good. The bathroom is very pretty in a converted consertatory type of thing and very snug and warm. Breakfast try their special as it is a nice change to the massive english breakfast.

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2012

My friend and I stayed for one night as part of a walking weekend. The hosts were delightful, very welcoming and friendly. We stayed in the en-suite bedroom on the ground floor which was a lovely, spacious room with everything you could need. We are animal lovers so enjoyed having pets around (particularly Henry!!) but can understand that this may put some people off however the owners mention this on their website.

All in all a really enjoyable stay.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2012

My mother and I stayed here for two nights before my start of term at Oxford and had a lovely time! The room was very tidy and the house quite well kept. The hosts, Ian and Sarah, were very friendly and accommodating (even when we spilled coffee twice)! The breakfast was delicious and the wi-fi worked well. Price-wise it was of great value. We hope to return soon!

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Found this B&B on the internet and as it was one of three I had asked to give me room rates they were very fast to respond. We stayed here from 01.10.12 to 03.10.12 in the en suite double located on the ground floor. Our hosts Ian and Sandra were very welcoming and the breakfasts were brilliant. Room very nice and super comfy double bed. Nice lounge to watch the box if you wanted. All in all a very acceptable B&B. Room rate was competative for the area. No complaints, would be happy to stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2012