“Local to me and just lovely”
Review of India Palace

India Palace
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Local to me and just lovely”
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

What a great meal , tentative staff and lovely food. I have visited this Resturaunt on and off over the twenty years of living in the area but some how this visit was just spot on. It was a quiet night but two of us chose very different meals and both were served piping hot very well presented and the flavours and taste that were intense and very pleasurable. A couple of pints of compulsory Kingfisher and a great evening for £50.00. I would rate this in my top 3 meals ever so worth a visit

Visited October 2013
1 Thank michael_ludwell

Wotton-under-Edge
“Good food, reasonable price, where are the customers?”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Went to the India Palace tonight, first time in over 10 years. Was going to go with just my wife to try it after so long but fortunately 4 friends could come as well. Just as well as we were the only people there (Thurs evening) so it didn't matter because we made our own atmosphere and didn't notice that we were the only people there. Food was goood, obviously the service was very good and even though we had a fair bit to drink it worked out at £20 per person which was reasonable. Wotton has so few eating places why don't more local people try this? You would be pleasantly surprised but to be on the safe side bring a party. The more people who support this, the better it will become. Come on you locals why drive to Nailsworth, Dursley or wherever when you can walk to Wotton??

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Malcolm J
Cheshire
“What King Prawn?”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

This started out ok, I dropped in to order a takeaway for 20 us for collection later that evening. There were a wide selection of dishes and as requested each had been labelled by name, hence the good service points.
We all know a good curry and these were adequate, nothing special and not particularly large portions for the money. The exception was my Sylehti King Prawn dish, which had no King Prawn in it. What it did have was some dried-up, tough twisty pieces of something - see if you can figure it out from the photo.
I just left it and called the manager, telling him it was the single worst curry I have had, and ever hope to have, in my life. He apologised and his best excuse was that he hadn't checked the dishes as they went in the containers. They're obviously using any old rubbish in some dishes and he knows it.
He should have said he'd send another dish out, but said if I visited again he'd make up for it - not really worth the drive from Manchester, especially with the quality curry houses here.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Chalky31
Lambourn, United Kingdom
“Are they losing sight of their clientele?”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We have been here several times and the staff are lovely and extremely attentive, providing advice and good knowledge of the numerous dishes available.
This is not the best Indian food we have ever eaten, but it is good and there are several unusual dishes.
However the menu is increasing and so are the prices! They would be better focussing on fewer special dishes and reducing their prices!
It is far too expensive at almost £70 for two people; two courses, plus rice / nan and one drink each.
They are in danger of losing those, who "fancy popping out for a curry"

• Visited February 2013
“Wonderful place! Helpful staff and lovely food!”
Reviewed 31 January 2013 via mobile

Visited tonight and was very impressed. Got there quiet late and they were still very welcoming. As we don't live anywhere near wotton under edge as we're on holiday, we were very impressed at this restaurant. My partner had tikka masala and I had chicken aloo paneer.. It was so nice! We were the only table as its Thursday evening so atmosphere was a bit lacking with them paying full attention to us.

Final point to say, the popadoms are quiet expensive as they charge like £3 something just for the dip. Other than that no faults at all.