“VERY GOOD pub restaurant”
Review of The Pear Tree

The Pear Tree
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A very local, traditional pub, unpretentious with exceptionally good food sourced locally
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“VERY GOOD pub restaurant”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

VERY GOOD pub restaurant, needed somewhere half way between Gloucester and Bristol to meet family. Food is very high quality and menu catered for us all. Steaks were A+ others had sea bass, burger, & veg burger. ALL very good. The puddings were excellent and beautifully presented. Driving so unable to test the real ale but looked good. Try it out it is well worth a visit, we had a great evening and the food could not have been better.

• Visited August 2012
4 Thank MaJenkins_11

Hawkesbury, Badminton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, warm welcome and such good value for money!”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We arrived for our Father's Day lunch and our party of 9 were served in no time, the starters were very good, lots of olives in my serving. Our main meal swiftly followed, excellent beef, lovely home cooked ham & juicy scampi. We all chose a dessert, but it did defeat some of us, we had all eaten so well already! And all this for JUST £10 a head! A must visit if passing or planning to book somewhere for a family 'do'. 10/10 around.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Rosemary C
“Shame we live 175 miles away”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Booked a table due to reports on here. So glad we did. Steaks were cooked to perfection. You know its going to be good when certain steaks wont be served well done. Chips fat and crispy also cooked to perfection. The best cheesecake and banoffee we have ever eaten. Very friendly staff. We tried to book a taxi back to our hotel and the owner dropped us back as a taxi wasn't available. We dont get that in Bromley! Can't recommend this place enough. The only down side is that every steak I have in future will not compare to this. I hope we return to this part of the country soon and well most definatley come again. If your planning a visit make sure you book to avoid missing out.

2 Thank Madmatt74
Swansea
“Great Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We recently popped in here whilst passing on the off chance that they could fit us in for Sunday lunch. What a find this place is.

For £10 each we had three courses including a main of Aberdeen Angus beef. I honestly don't know how they can produce food of this quality and make money out of it.

We'll definitely be back

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank bronthedog
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Looking forward to going back for my next meal”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Ive driven past the pear tree for many years and never thought to go in for a meal as from the outside doesn't jump out at me . My sister inlaw booked a table as it was her birthday I was very impressed with the service from all the staff. I loved the steak, it was cooked perfectly and I enjoyed every mouthful . That was in January I can say I am now on my 3rd visit

1 Thank Hayden0