“Lovely lunch”

The Edge
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 May 2014

A friend and I had a lovely lunch in their little garden. Pitta and dips with great chunky chips. Friendly staff, good prices. Place is child friendly too. Nice touches of nappy changing equipment in the loo and a nice family room.
Highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for The Edge

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Visited this café for lunch a few days ago and was very pleasantly surprised. Might have known it was good as it appeared full and had to wait to find a seat inside. Although it is bigger than it looks from the outside with both a back room and a pleasant garden area. You have to order at the bar which is a bit confusing if you don't know, but service then is generally quite efficient even when busy. Food was delicious with lots of good healthy options although the fish finger sandwiches in white bread seemed especially popular around me! Lots of locals around so that is always a good sign. A good option for a meal and I will definitely visit again when in the area.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have been to The Edge a few times, firstly the place from the outside looks inviting and you are always greeted with a smile from the girls behind the counter. Their coffee is absolutely OUTSTANDING! Their lunchtime menu is great and their ever changing specials board always provides something different and exciting! Their cakes are all home made and deeeelicious, the cookies are absolutely scrumptious! Myself and my fiancé managed to get a table at one of their popular evening events and just, WOW! The food was great, home made warm bread rolls and an exciting menu consisting of locally sourced produce which was absolutely fantastic!
I would recommend this family run coffee shop for anyone passing through or local town dwellers! Its amazing!
I wish I could go there for lunch everyday!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Four of us stopped by The Edge for refreshments whilst we were visiting the town. Although we didn't eat, drinks were all served as ordered and the environment was amiable and clean. Wait staff were pleasant to deal with.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I went to the edge on a grey day back in February for afternoon tea. The experience was anything but grey!
The owner was extremely flexible and catered for different members of our party..... Gluten free ..... Vegetarian..... Tired children and just the plain fussy!
The decor is perfect .... Country modern! I could sit there all day and look forward to going back again in the summer and at Christmas! It was exceptionally clean, comfortable and friendly but without the cliches and obviousness of coffee chains.
Which brings me to their incredible teal coffee machine from which I had 3 lattes!
The 5 year old of our group enjoyed a wonderful hot choc will all the trimmings!
We had home made sandwiches and cakes...... The best carrot cake/lemon drizzle and scones I've ever had! And I've had a lot!
There is parking just behind in a pay and display.
The staff were friendly extremely welcoming and there wasn't the push to get out the door once we'd finished like you get elsewhere! I understand they do themed evenings too which I will 100% try out if its anything like their cake!
This is the perfect place to enjoy a catch up with friends, check your emails with a coffee or take the kids for a treat! I would highly recommend! My only quarm is that its not close enough to my house on a Sunday morning and that I don't own that teal coffee machine!