“Pensioners menu” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Swan Hotel Restaurant
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This 17th century Hotel is situated in the beautiful and historic town of Wotton-Under-Edge. Next to a free public car park and only 10 minutes from the M5, stay with us and enjoy the stunning views of the Southern Cotswolds. The Swan has recently refurbished elements throughout the hotel including the restaurant, lounge and bar area. There are currently 11 traditional bedrooms, all with ensuite facilities. We offer all of our guests access to free WiFi and we're proud to be listed as a dog friendly hotel.
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Pensioners menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

I have enjoyed two pensioner lunches at the swan and found them very good value for money,.I also had an extremely enjoyable evening meal there.The food was well cooked and presented. The staff were accommodating and friendly and the room was warm and comfortable. I think the swan is just what the people of wotton need.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Hazel776

Wotton-under-Edge, United Kingdom
“good food and atmosphere for our regular business lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

The Wotton Therapist Group meet monthly at The Swan for a lunchtime business/support get together. We have also held functions there such as "Me-Time" evenings when members of the public were able to trial various therapies that we have to offer locally. One month we had a cream tea, which was edible but not what we expected.
We were all impressed today that the atmosphere was pleasant and the food was very good. I had the broccoli and Stilton soup, which was served in an unusual way with a square of Stilton in the middle - it was presented well with lovely home made bread and was very tasty. All the meals were well presented and the other therapists made positive comments.
To up my rating to 5 points it would be good if soya milk was available for my pot of tea.
I would now have no qualms about recommending the bar and restaurant to people for meals.

Wotton-under-Edge, United Kingdom
“pleasant meal in restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

I went for an early evening meal with my husband and friends on Friday 20th September. We were impressed by the friendliness of the staff and presentation of the food. Me and my husband have tried this venue a few times in the past, and until now each time we tried a meal vowed not to return. I am pleased to say that we very much enjoyed the food and the atmosphere this time, and will be back.
The food was good, not too filling. The vegetarian options for starter and main courses were inventive and tasty, though perhaps there could have been one or two more choices for us veggies, and labelling of vegetarian options for all courses to avoid me having to ask the waiters each time.
There was a bit of a wait between starter and main course, but we did not mind as we were enjoying a relaxed meal. Early days for new staff, and I am sure it will improve for people who want to be served quicker.
I have appreciated the effort that The Swan have put into updating the environment and am glad that they now also have a good chef.
I'm looking forward to more good meals and relaxed social evenings at The Swan.

• 4 of 5 bubbles