“A bit odd but great food”

The Swan Hotel Restaurant
Price range: US$7 - US$24
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This 17th century Hotel is situated in the beautiful and historic town of Wotton-Under-Edge. Next to a free public car park and only 10 minutes from the M5, stay with us and enjoy the stunning views of the Southern Cotswolds. The Swan has recently refurbished elements throughout the hotel including the restaurant, lounge and bar area. There are currently 11 traditional bedrooms, all with ensuite facilities. We offer all of our guests access to free WiFi and we're proud to be listed as a dog friendly hotel.
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I know old buildings sometimes have funny layouts, but when we walked in and there's a staircase and a pile of newspapers in front of you, we didn't know whether to go left or right. Right took us to an empty dining room so we went back and found the bar. We asked at the bar if it was ok to eat and we were directed back to the dining area where we were quickly served with well cooked and tasty food. It was empty so I can't say alot for the atmosphere (it was a weekday lunch) but we will certainly return

Reviewed 23 March 2014

The meal, drink, atmosphere was all very good here. I would come here again and would recommend it to others.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Last Saturday we had a pre Cinema meal in the Swan - we chose to eat in the pub bar as its full of character (and Characters!). My Chcken Kiev, chips and salad was just great..on a previous visit the chicken was very dry and lacking in garlic butter filling so l mentioned this to the waitress and the Chef produced a brilliantly moist one for me. But its the chips that we really raved about, so much so that l told everyone who would listen..they are REAL chips, not frozen pre-baked things..when l showed my doubts at this claim l was invited into the kitchen to see for myself!
Husband's steak was good but as with all steaks, needed to be slightly thicker to get full marks.
My only gripe with eating in the Bar is that most tables are now coffee table height, so not good for eating a meal at - for your indigestion! But there are other places to eat in besides the Bar.
The Swan has had an up and down reputation, but it seems to be on a high now as far as food is concerned..give it a try if you want REAL chips and good home cooked food.

1  Thank hayleybell
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Nice relaxing venue with really friendly staff. Sunday roast was a little under par/dry. Service was excellent. We did turn up late on the Sunday afternoon so maybe this contributed to the roast. We will definitely go back though

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Our local Chamber of Trade hosted our first Supper Club of the year. With A turnout of nearly 30 the food was served promptly and was of excellent quality. The staff were friendly and accommodating. A special thanks to Chris and Dave who made it such a good night.