“welcoming, attentive and comfortable”

Royal Oak, Wotton Under Edge
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have been to The Royal Oak pub a few times now, with my husband for a quiet after work drink, and with Wotton Therapist Group for business/social lunches. I have always found the landlord and staff friendly and welcoming. Everything is comfortable and clean.The food and service are good.
Why I have not rated this pub as excellent - I am vegetarian, so a few more veggie choices would be good, e.g. their delicious risotto, but I always find something that I can enjoy. It is disappointing that Friday night is steak night, and seems to be popular - where can I go on a Friday night in Wotton for a pub meal when the only other decent pub in Wotton serving food is a steak house?

2  Thank Christine S