It was our 1st visit to Forest lodge and the only problem was we couldn't stay longer. It had everything you need and more. The location was beautiful and romantic. The owner was very helpful leading up to and during our stay. Me and my partner are sure to stay again.
Set in a lovely location, good pub in walking distance. Great place to relax and unwind. Ponies came up to the fence in the morning which was lovely.
- Despite this being a fantastic location there was a hefty manual that came with the property with do's and don'ts. We couldn't relax whilst we were in the property for fear that we were going to be hit with a big fine.
- There was a problem with the stereo system and after calling the owner despite originally being told not to touch the unit as it cost thousands, we were then told to wiggle a few wires and try to make it work. To be fair the owner did arrange an engineer to visit us that evening and he helped fix the issue.
- The hot tub didn't warm up despite the fact that we paid for it
- After our visit the owner said that if we gave a 5 star review then we could get our deposit back sooner. This wasn't very fair and forced us to give a 5-star review, which we wouldn't have given. SO JUST BEWARE OF THIS BEFORE BOOKING!
- We were aware that the property didn't have a sink in the kitchen but this could have been really useful.
- We felt that the rental was definitely not good value for money.
There was a great pub around the corner, which served a fantastic carvery and there was also a great little farm shop up the road.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Older travelers|
|Families with young children|