“Great Short Break”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Forest Lodge

View across the national park with dining area and outside alfresco dining
Forest Lodge at Christmas, mood lighting, 3D TV, 3D bluray, log fire, Apple Mac, Bose surround sound View from the gate across the national park
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
View across the national park with dining area and outside alfresco dining
View from the gate across the national park
Lounge seats 5, gas central heating with remote control, Xbox, leather sofa's and fully insulat
24 adjustable Jet and air blow Hot tub in the evening with mood lighting and central control panel
View across the New Forest national park from open plan living area with remote Bose surround sound
Forest Lodge set back in secluded spot in the New Forest. View of Lodge from Gravel off road parking
Kitchen area, dishwasher, fridge, toaster, kettle, BBQ, Bosch Washer, Bosch Dryer
Lounge dining area,
King size beds, all linen and towels provided, master bedroom with french doors, 3D TV, BOSE, etc
Modern bathroom with bath and monsoon LED shower, controllable heated floor and BOSE with remote
Views and direct access across the New Forest National Park from the main living areas
Twin or King bedroom option, 3D TV and BOSE remote sound system and velux blackout blinds in both
Relaxing outside exclusive hot tub with mod lighting, 24 and 2 speed jets and air blower at 36 degre
Contemporary lounge with log fire and 3D flat screen TV, 3D Blueray, XBox 360 with BOSE sound system
2 Burner gas 'Master Chef' BBQ with side burner ignition lighting, shelving and storage
Bed linen and towels included, master bedroom with french doors and 3D TV, Bose CD/Radio
Large outdoor decking area and private gated access onto the New Forest National Park
Entrance steps and access directly onto the national park lit at night with each step level marked
New Forest ponies right at your gate, lockable to keep the kids safe
A cosy winter retreat with uPVC double glazing, central heating, log fire, 7' insulated walls/f
Only 20 minutes to 7 miles of sandy bournemouth beach
Views across the 365 hectare New Forest national park 5 minutes walk up the lane opposite
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

yorkshire
“Short break”
Reviewed 26 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

Great location with donkeys at the fence in a morning. Good pubs nearby for nice meals. Unfortunately the lodge has no cooker or sink in the kitchen and the microwave and dishwasher are outside in a shed. The decking outside could do with a good clean and a coat of paint. Overall we enjoyed our stay but the lodge is not worthy of 5* rating

27 Jul 2017
175 guest disagree with you giving it 5*s. Apart from the decking needing a sweep (not worthy of a 2* deduction) the rest is all in the description on the web site and in the pictures and in the welcome pack sent 30 days in advnce so exactly as you booked it so we are puzzled by your review and apparent surprise.
RoyCroppe...
“Dont Be Fooled”
Reviewed 3 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

We recently stayed at the above location as part of a family break to visit Peppa Pig world and the sights of the New Forest area, the premises is situated superbly to explore the New Forest and is close to Peppa Pig world, the children enjoyed feeding the Donkeys, Horses and Cows in the morning and a lovely Public House and Farm Shop are situated close by……..however we were bitterly disappointed with the standard of the property in comparison to the images within the advertisement when booking!

The property was undoubtedly beautiful when first built however I very much doubt any maintenance or general upkeep has been undertaken since the property was finished.

The place was dirty upon arrival, we located the hoover and gave the floor a quick clean however the stench of dog from the hoover was so overpowering we were forced to use the broom instead.

We had to place a number of the rugs situated throughout the property outside to air as they were full of dog hair and smelled horrendous. One of my children touched the rug and I had to remove a number of dog hairs from my child’s hand.

The bathroom is in need of re-grouting and re-sealing. Mould is visible on the sealant around the bath and shower door, I felt cleaner before showering than after.

The toilet brush was rusted and dirty.

There was mould situated on the ceiling of one of the bedrooms above the window. The point of having a window within the room was lost to me because a bush had been allowed to grow outside, to the point nothing could be seen out of the window.

The flooring is terrible and certain areas would sink when walked over. I was continually conscious I was going to fall through the floor when walking around the property.

I was eagerly anticipating spending an evening within the hot tub, however upon removing the protective cover and seeing how dirty the water was I changed my mind. Neither myself nor my partner used the appliance as it clearly has not been well maintained.

During our stay, I noted the carbon monoxide alarm within the kitchen was letting out a beep, upon examining the monitor I noted it was not operating and the batteries likely needed replacing. Upon removing the back of the monitor the current batteries were blistered and bubbled, indicating they had been within the appliance for some time. The guide provided by the owner when booking referenced the alarms and advised to replace the appliance with new batteries…..unfortunately I was unable to locate any other batteries within the property.

I will refrain from raising issue with the lack of kitchen sink or oven in the property as we were aware the property was devoid of the two when booking, however I struggle to understand how a guest would cope in bad weather as most cooking appliances are situated outside.

I was also taken aback with the brashness of the owner when advising the repayment of our damage deposit could be expedited if we were to place a 5* review for the premises.

Unfortunately I feel let down with the standard of the property and had it not been for my children, I would have packed the car and journeyed home soon after entering the premises.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
5 Jul 2017
Contrast this with the 175 5* reviews including the one before this chap stayed. He basically demanded a refund before he stayed the day before arrival when we refused he stayed but said he would write the worst review he could. A dissonhest and horrible guest don't let him stay in your accommodation.

We have used the same cleaning company and staff for years, all bedding towels etc are freshly laundered. There's a regular out of season refresh and upgrade programme and the hot tub is maintained by a specialist.

All damage deposits are retained by trip advisor and released on the day they say in the booking confirmation yet again another lie from this guest.
Andrew S
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great Short Break”
Reviewed 26 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Had a fantastic weekend break at Forest Jodge. Everything was excellent, easy check in process, great facilities and all-mod-cons in the lodge itself. Really enjoyed using the hot tub! All situated in a lovely little spot!

laurastev...
Fareham, United Kingdom
“lovely relaxing break”
Reviewed 22 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

Great weekend away in the New Forest to celebrate hubbie's 40th with friends.
Forest Lodge is in the perfect location for exploring the forest with some lovely walks and great pubs on route. The lack of kitchen sink and cooking facilities was not a problem as we enjoyed eating out.

James L
“Not impressed with accommodation and hosts were very unpleasant to deal with”
Reviewed 19 June 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

Both myself and my girlfriend were extremely unimpressed with the owners and found the lodge itself very underwhelming. I also had a great deal of difficulty trying to get my deposit back. Future visitors be weary.

The trip was a present for my girlfriend and it got off to a really bad start when we called the owner to actually locate the lodge. Through no fault of our own, we had not received the welcome pack as it was emailed to the wrong address (this was absolutely no issue and it is easily done). However when we called the owner for help, he was extremely rude and abrasive and did not help at all, blaming us for the mis-hap. Instead of actually trying to help, he gave my girlfriend a stern telling off like she was a school pupil. Due to the location of the lodge, we had no mobile signal and this made locating the accommodation considerably harder.
Eventually we found the lodge which was located at the back of a house, next to a ditch on a green.
First impressions of the lodge weren't great. The flooring sank as you walked on it, the wifi was non-existent, there was no kitchen sink or oven, the towels stank of cigarette smoke, and all the handwash, washing up liquid, toilet roll, salt and pepper, and dishwasher tablets were rashioned as if we were thieves and couldn't be trusted, and all drinking/cleaning water came from a toilet sink.

I then had a painful experience in getting my deposit back. Once the weekend was over and we had traveled home, I provided the owners with all my details for my security deposit to be paid back in to my account. This was £275. The owner assured me that he had released the funds and so I eagerly awaited my refund. Several weeks later, I still had not received it. I therefore contacted the owner Ian to notify him I hadn't received it, to which he stated that he had released the deposit and that it was now down to Holiday Lettings to complete work on their end, but that he would make enquiries in to the matter for me. To cut a long story short, this happened a further three times and I still had not received my refund two months later! By this point I did not trust Ian, the owner, and called Holiday Lettings directly to find out what was going on. They informed me that the owner Ian had not in fact released the funds to me and was holding on to my money. I had been lied to multiple times.
Two painful months later I finally received my deposit back and it was all down to the owner not returning it to me, probably hoping I would forget about it.

My girlfriend and I made the most of our weekend away as it was an opportunity to spend time alone together, and we were really conscious not to let any negativity slip in. However I do not want any future visitors to make the same mistake I did by visiting Forest Lodge.

20 Jun 2017
First 175 5 * guest disagree with you. Trip advisor keep deposits and return directly nothing to do with the owners. If you don't read the directions supplied 30 days in advance then you will get lost and phoning at 930pm at night when you are lost is not ideal for anyone. Most guests find the lodge amazing including guests before and after you and giving it 1* is not a fair reflection of the facilities or indeed your own review. WiFi is free but village speed which is a BT problem which we unfortunately cannot control.
Aram P
“Very lovely place”
Reviewed 16 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Very good location, perfect for one night break. Hot tub is great. The shower is very good and bedroom is cozy.

burglina
“Very good looking accommodation.”
Reviewed 6 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

It looked very nice but unfortunately we were unable to go as I injured my leg the night before we were due to go. So can only give it four stars as I have yet to visit . But what I read on TripAdvisor it sounds great.

Anton B

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;