“A Great place for lunch”
Review of Hong Kong Tea Bar

Hong Kong Tea Bar
Ranked #15 of 28 Coffee & Tea in Portsmouth
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“A Great place for lunch”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Really nice for a lunch if you are particularly hungry as most dishes come with your choice of boiled or fried rice and are large portions.
Very tasty dishes. I recommend the kung po chicken or duck.
There is a wide selection of dishes ranging from very traditional Chinese and Cantonese dishes to if you really want it english dishes such as fish and chips for the not so adventurous.
Quick and easy for a quick work lunch. The company I work at regularly use here for a 1st day lunch or a team meeting.
I use it on a regular basis.
Highly recommended.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“nice place for lunch”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

if you're in Portsmouth city centre have lunch at Hong Kong Tea Bar friendly staff but they are usually busy the food has always been very good and usually too big for me to finish, the place has a lot of chinese customers so I take that as a sign they cook authentic chinese food well

• Visited May 2014
Portsmouth
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

My colleague and n
Myself have been visiting this little haven of food heaven for some time and I have to say its a new adventure every time,
I love it when it's busy , to see new dishes being served,
Jas & rucon salute you!

Visited April 2014
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Best Chinese in the South”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I visit the Hong Kong Tea Bar about once a fortnight because the food is tasty, cheap and frankly amazing! The service, even when it is busy, is quick and the choice is fantastic.

Yes, I know it looks like a greasy spoon, the tables and decor are tired but that's why I love it!

I have all of my business lunches in there and I have clients that ask me especially to come to my offices instead of theirs just to eat at the Tea Bar.

Long live the Tea Bar!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank TheBigG1972
portsmouth uk
“Just like being in China”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I love the food here, ok it is like a canteen that you might find anywhere in China but that is what I like about it, the staff are friendly and as I am partially disabled I always get a smile and some help getting in the door. It is always busy and I really enjoy some of the Chinese who dine there sharing my table. There are a host of choices available and all are really good value. You get a good sized portion and maybe too much rice but the accompaniment's are tasty especially the roast duck. It is my first choice of Chinese good in Portsmouth and such good value. The dining area is rather clinical I guess but the place is always clean and used tables are quickly cleared making room for those waiting. Can recommend the Spring rolls AND you get free China tea or coffee and you will not find better value in the City.

• Visited March 2014