“Beautiful Hotel”
Review of Stattons Hotel

Stattons Hotel
Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Portsmouth
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I was impressed with Stattons Hotel when I walked into the reception area. I was looking for a quiet, clean comfortable hotel with beautiful English decor, I was not disappointed. Stattons Hotel will be on my next trip to Portsmouth, the cooked breakfast was excellent!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GypsySailor

Reviewed 20 January 2014

My husband and I stayed over night to celebrate his birthday with our son at Portsmouth university. It was absolutely lovely, the room was so comfortable and stylish. Breakfast was relaxed and I can't wait to go back and spend a couple more nights there whilst my son is studying there.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deby M
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed for one night, booked through bookers.com. Very good for access to the sea front. Had a one bed. room. Really comfortable, excellently decorated. Receptionist very pleasant and informative. Breakfast was excellent. Stunningly decorated room. Well worth the money paid and well worth another visit. I shall be booking again.
Brilliant place & thanks for the hospitality.

Room Tip: Can only speak for room 4 ( I think).
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Myself and my girlfriend stayed here for 2 nights recently for a post christmas break. Upon arrival we were met by Nick who checked us in and showed us to our room. He was full of brilliant local information and helped us to find somewhere for dinner that evening. We stayed in room 12 which is a lovely room, very comfortable bed and the bathroom is brilliant. Breakfast was included and was of a very high standard and plentiful. The lady at breakfast was very cheerful and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. We both enjoyed our stay here and the cleanliness of the hotel throughout was immaculate. It has a perfect location to explore the whole area and is set just off of Southsea parade.
We will definitely be returning here next time we are in the area.

1  Thank Nick P
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Chose this hotel based on the reviews here and we were not disappointed. The hotel is charming and the staff were so helpful and welcoming. The room was very comfortable and breakfast lovely, particularly the smoked salmon and scrambled egg on toasted muffin!!!
Although our room was by the stairs we never noticed other guests coming and going as it's a lovely solid Edwardian building. We asked if we could leave the car in the car park after checking out and this wasn't a problem, so we were able enjoy another morning in Southsea without having to worry about finding parking. It's touches like this that made the hotel stand out for us, together with the best sleep I have ever had in a hotel! Well done Stattons

1  Thank LBCee
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I have never stayed at a hotel where the staff were so welcoming, I can't praise the hotel enough.
Thank you for making my and my partners stay so enjoyable.
I will definitely stay here again and would go as far as saying it will most probably be the only hotel I choose when visiting Portsmouth again.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stay in the Portsmouth area about 6-8 times a year and loved this hotel. We received a great welcome, slept in a comfortable room, ate a gorgeous breakfast. We will certainly be back again when we travel to Portsmouth

2  Thank ForestofDeanUKCarol