Lowest prices for your stay
Get rewarded with One Key
ZenHotels.com
£134
Prodromos S

Great small hotel, fantastic staff

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Dec 2023via mobile
Beautifully decorated room, clean and comfortable. Very friendly and extremely helpful staff. Good food, including a great Sunday roast at the restaurant. Parking is easy, either provided street permit or chargeable car park. Would definitely recommend.
Date of stay: December 2023
Get rewarded with One Key
    £60
2.8 miles from Stattons Boutique Hotel
View more hotels in Portsmouth
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 November 2023

Stayed here for 4 nights with a group of friends.We had a very enjoyable stay.We were in the Statton annexe a short walk to the main reception and where you go for breakfast.Our room was on the ground floor and was very comfy.large bed lovely shower room and bright and colourful decor.All the rooms seem to be decorated differently adding to the charm.The FlorenceArms Pub served excellent food with very friendly staff.I would like to mention Ellie who was so helpful,nothing was too much trouble.She and another receptionist carried cases,bags up upstairs and downstairs.She is a very valuable asset to these 3 hotels.Breakfast was a treat with a varied menu,the sausages are to die for.I would recommend this hotel and would definitely stay again
P

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 November 2023

Strattons is one of 3 typical Victorian wealthy family houses converted to hotels with modern plumbing and electrics in a quiet residential area of Southsea. They share reception and breakfast rooms at the Garden Restaurant 50 yards along Florence Road. There is also the Florence Arms Gastro-pub a further 50 beyond. The busy and noisy cafes and bars of Palmerston Road are 10 minutes’ walk to the North West (I have walked it). There are a couple of convenience stores at the end of Beach Road about 5 mins walk. The sea front is 200 yards to the South with Southsea Castle, where Henry VIII watched the sinking of the Mary Rose, 10 minutes’ walk along the front. The famous painting of that day shows the English army’s tented camp in the bottom right corner on the site where the hotel stands today.
As is typical of this style of house, the main entrance (the family entrance) is up a flight of steps from the road to the first floor. There is no lift. For those with mobility issues there are 2 large bedrooms in what would have been the kitchen and service area on the ground floor with level access from the private, gated car park. There is an extra charge for this car park but the hotel can supply a temporary residents’ permit for free on-street parking.
My room was on the 3rd floor, in what would have been servants’ quarters. The original fireplace indicates it was probably an important servant, the house keeper or butler. It was a good-sized room with a firm but comfortable king-sized bed and room to move around it. It has a large flat screen HD TV fixed to the wall above the fireplace; also a strong, free wi-fi signal.
An en-suite shower room/toilet has been fitted along one side. It’s compact but with all modern fittings. It was a pleasure to find a shower not only with a door that closes properly but a simple on/off twist to the left and a clearly marked hot/cold twist to the right. It would have been nice to have a soap dish, somewhere to park the soap or shampoo bottle rather than hold it in my hand or drop it on the floor. Considering the distance from the boiler the hot water came through very quickly. Nice big towel too.
The only grumble I have with the room doesn’t actually affect me personally but a female guest has nowhere to sit and do her make-up and hair. The small table is covered with tea/coffee things and the chair is too low and desperately in need of re-upholstering. There is a full-length mirror but not one for the table or a light by it. The single room across the landing has all these but I cannot speak for other rooms.
The Garden Restaurant for breakfast is part conservatory, part well-appointed rooms. It has a pleasant busy ambiance. Orders are taken, food is served, quietly and efficiently. I did not hear any over-loud music. It serves a substantial full English breakfast and variations on that to order. I was disappointed to find very little fresh fruit on the menu; no blueberries or fruit salad. I would also liked to have seen my favourite, scrambled eggs with a slice of smoked salmon. Gluten-free bread and lactose-free milk are available.
All our group are in their late 70s with a variety of medical and physical problems. The staff looked after us cheerfully, adapting a menu to suit, carrying cases up stairs; nothing was too much trouble.
Value for money? Definitely. Would I go back? Yes! Would I recommend it? Yes!.

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2023

Great location, and with a car park, which ,if like me who needs counselling over his pride and joy, then it’s worth the small add on cost, parking in Southsea is a nightmare . We have just enjoyed a 3 night stay, b & b and must say the breakfast sausages ,from a local butcher, got to be the best ever Shall definitely be returning.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reception H, Owner at Stattons Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Thank you for your very kind review about the stay, parking and of course, our sausages! We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 5 September 2023 via mobile

I happily spent £514 for a 3 night break on the grounds of this hotel branding themselves as ‘luxury’ and boutiquey and this was a special weekend for me!
I was really disappointed to find a dirty, marked towel and pretty average, cheap cotton bedlinen with a shower door that didn’t even close properly in my extremely small room

On raising these concerns the next morning I was greeted with a positive reaction from two staff. I always think a ‘complaint’ is a wonderful opportunity to make a guest feel great - whatever the issue, by the way they are responded to and they agreed to move us to a bigger room and ensure the towels were clean!

What staggered me however was the owners reaction. He commented that I was making a lot of unnecessary fuss over a dirty towel and a broken shower door and that there were more important things to think about in this current world!
The new room didn’t
lock from the inside and the shower had a very stiff and hard to alter, temperature gauge so I either scalded or froze!

The breakfast was ok, good and different options to the usual though service was slow and the explanation of why a latte/cappuccino etc was extra (in a luxury hotel remember!) was because they had to buy the beans … left me wondering what they put in the filter coffee if not beans!!

I was left feeling this was not good value for money nor an especially pleasant experience so would never return and would suggest anyone else considering a luxury hotel to give this place a miss!

Room tip: Avoid if you want luxury!
Date of stay: September 2023
Reviewed 28 August 2023 via mobile

Perfect stay! The Accommodation had lovely decor and was very clean. Breakfast was included and lots of different options, all delicious. Staff were very friendly and couldn’t do enough to help. We were able to secure on site parking which was great.

Room tip: You need to book parking (subject to availability), read joining instructions as some parts of the hotel is around the corner from main site
Date of stay: August 2023