“The best breakfast in town!”
Review of Le Cafe Parisien - CLOSED

Le Cafe Parisien
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I'm a regular visitor to Cafe Parisien, which is always a pleasant experience. Friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere. I love sitting outside, just watching the world go by. They always have a nice display of local art on the walls. It can get very busy at lunchtime during university term times. Food is outstanding. In my opinion, the best breakfast in town! As breakfasts go, it probably is a little pricey in comparison to most but I feel it is well worth the money.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I lunch here often, once or twice a month. The food is always cooked to a high standard, the service always friendly. It is a little cramped at busy times but one can't blame them for pacing people in. I would highly recommend (I can never the dishes name) the smoked salmon with cream cheese and scrambled egg, lovely.

Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Love the food here, the chef is amazing, although slightly overpriced the food is consistently good, even when busy which is great. The staff have always been smiley and kind (if not a bit slow) when I'm here on my own but as soon as I bring my children it's a different story. My children are used to eating out and very well behaved but we were made to feel like a nuisance for even bringing a pram in, and only one highchair in the whole place!! Either have them or don't, one is useless. Lots of smiles and banter for the big table next to us full of university staff from the servers, but different story for us. Shame as we're all paying the same high prices!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

...was travelling with friends on the way to the Isle of Wight, looking for a cafe that did a "full english", and came across this place by chance... It looked busy which is always a good sign, so our group of four went for it...

Glad we did, because as well as a good atmosphere, the food (breakfasts) were really great. One of our party had the baked ham (which you have to wait 15-20 mins for) and said it was well worth the wait... the full english was excellent, as was the tomatoes/mushrooms on toast and the scrambled egg was good too...

Nice coffees which was unexpected, as was the lovely pastries...

Would absolutely recommend it... this was exactly the sort of place we wanted to find... it made our day!!!

Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Right in the heart of the university campus so it's no surprise it's constantly busy. But the surprising thing is that it's quite expensive for what it is yet students are prepared to pay for above-average food and drink! The dishes are delicious but they seem to have sized-down the portions and yet prices remain the same. If you're really hungry I'd recommend the smoked salmon with cream cheese and eggs. Very filling!