The Clarence Boutique Hotel
US$139
Excellent 5/5
Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$105
Great 4.5/5
Number Four Boutique Hotel(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$139
  • Breakfast included
US$145
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Best Western Royal Beach Hotel(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$91
  • Room Service
US$122
US$112
  • Pool
Travelodge Havant Rowlands Castle Hotel(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$76
Travelodge
1,241 results
All reviewssunken bathwelcome drinkunderfloor heatingon arrivalsmall hotelfantastic hotelwedding nightbreakfast was deliciouslittle touchesfull englishparking permitcooked to perfectiona wonderful staysea frontbeautiful roomflorence armswould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We found this hotel a friendly, welcoming place to stay the service was excellent, all the rooms we saw were well laid out and modern. We will definitely return and will recommend The Clarence everytime.

• Stayed: May 2014
OfficeatTheClarence, General Manager at The Clarence Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Malamute22,
Thank you for your lovely review, I'm delighted you found us to be friendly and welcoming and that you enjoyed your stay in our Follow Your Heart Room. Next time you visit us please contact me direct and I'd be hapy to help you choose another of our fabulous rooms!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We spent two nights in the Monkey Room at the Clarence earlier this month. The room was lovely, the bathroom absolutely fabulous! The staff were extremely helpful. When we checked in, we were given a complimentary glass of wine while our bags were delivered to our room. Breakfast was delicious. The location was ideal for our purposes -- a short walk to the sea and to the Hovercraft terminal for our visit to the Isle of Wight and not far from a reasonable selection of restaurants. I would definitely recommend The Clarence to friends visiting Portsmouth.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JMarionni

Dear JMarionni, Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us last week. Our Monkey Room with wet room is always very popular so I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay. I'd be happy to welcome you or your friends to The Clarence at any time!

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Service excellent,rooms very well presented,breakfast every thing you could want.all good reviews about this hotel are well deserved.we visited the clarence on the 8th & 9th of may as a birthday treat for my wife .we had a lovely stay and a good time in Portsmouth .we will definitely return.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your fabulous review, I'm delighted that you found our service to be excellent (We are proud to announce that we have just been awarded a Tripadvisor Award for our service!). Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back again soon to try another of our rooms. Kind Regards, Paula.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

My husband and I have just returned from my two-day birthday treat at The Clarence. We cannot recommend it highly enough and can only echo other visitors when we say that the attention to detail is amazing, the hotel is spotlessly clean, the breakfasts are amazing and cater for whatever you desire. The rooms are exquisite, and we apparently had one of the smaller ones being 'The Teracotta Room' but it was beautiful, as was the hotel throughout. From the moment you arrive you feel completely at ease, your luggaqge is taken to your room while you enjoy a welcome drink and anything you want is catered for by such lovely, friendly staff. We'd like to say a big thank you to Carol for looking after us so well and to Paula and of course Jade. We've had two brilliant days in Portsmouth and could not have stayed in a lovelier hotel. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: In this particular boutique hotel I think that by the very location all the rooms would be quiet and although there is A/C in the rooms there is no noise to disturb your peace.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Cris AA, Thank you for your very kind comments. It was our pleasure to look after you for your Birthday trip to Portsmouth and I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay in the Terracotta Room. Although the Deluxe Rooms are smaller they do have superb showers! I will ensure Carol and Jade see your lovely comments, it is always very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again. Kindest Regards, Paula.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our silver anniversary. The staff were lovely. The breakfast was delicious. The room was really nice. When we arrived we were greeted with a complimentary drink. Our luggage was taken up to our room. Nothing was too difficult for the staff. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Sarah R, It was our pleasure to have helped you celebrate your Silver Wedding Anniversary here at The Clarence. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope we'll be able to welcome you back again soon!