The Clarence Boutique Hotel
US$105
Hotels.com
Florence House(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$154
Number Four Boutique Hotel(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$123
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Royal Beach Hotel(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$92
  • Room Service
The George Hotel(Portsmouth)
US$126
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Havant Rowlands Castle Hotel(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$76
Travelodge
1,241 results
All reviewssunken bathwelcome drinkunderfloor heatingon arrivalsmall hotelfantastic hotelwedding nightbreakfast was deliciouslittle touchesfull englishparking permitcooked to perfectiona wonderful staysea frontbeautiful roomflorence armswould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 January 2010

We stayed in the Clarence Hotel for only one night. The room was beautifully decorated, perfectly laid out and extremely comfortable. From the beginning the staff were welcoming and friendly. The whole place has a lovely cosy and warm atmosphere that immediately appeals and makes you feel comfortable and at home.
The added extras, like the complimentary welcome drink, the Belgian chocolates left in your room during the turn down service and the breakfast and in-room dining menu all added to the experience. Due to an early start the following morning we were offered the option of breakfast in our room earlier than normal, nothing was too much trouble.
The hotel also has a small but inviting restuarant. Unfortunately we couldn't sample it, but we're definitely going to return so we'll try it next time.
I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough for someone wanting a quiet treat away from it all and yet in the middle of Portsmouth. Fabulous!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FGBLondon
Reviewed 3 January 2010

My partner and I were very lucky enough to be given an upgrade to the Luella Cherry and I must say what a fantastic and relaxing time we had. On arrival, we were greeted, offered a welcome drink and shown in and around our room.

The Luella Cherry room was so comfortable and spacious, and of course the gem was the jacuzzi...we attempted to watch TV but must say the jacuzzi can make it difficult to hear the TV clearly. The furnishings were absolutely divine, from the chandeliers, massive bed, the glittering tiles, soft clean carpet, and Bose sound systems....I could go on!!

The walk to Gunwharf Quays was about 30mins, further away than I had hoped so we were stuck to using the car. Parking outside the hotel is free with the provision of a permit by the hotel, so very handy.

Absolutely spotless hotel, no rush to check-out, hot breakfast made fresh to order with your normal continental breakfast to help yourself to.

Overall, a stunning little hotel in a quiet location....perfect for a romantic getaway. Absolutely A* staff and communication. We are looking forward to staying in the other rooms in the future! :)

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Avybaby
Reviewed 21 December 2009

We stayed in the "Follow your heart" room which was great - black and white decoration with a free standing bath. The room, service and breakfast were all top class. The hotel is a pleasant walk (about 20 mins) to Gunwharf Quays. I'm already looking at possible dates for a return visit!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul8472
Reviewed 11 December 2009

We stayed in the Clarence for just one night recently, and found it to be the perfect escape. The small hotel is quiet, clean and well-presented, with friendly and relaxed service. The room was spotless and spacious, and breakfast was excellent.

Many UK hotels are disappointing, the Clarence is a refreshing exception. We will certainly return, there's no need to look any further.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2009

My partner and I stayed at The Clarence on the 29th of November 2009, over the past two years we have been looking for a hotel which has just that little special something. I can now happily say that after our stay in the Superior suite at The Clarence named Luella cherry we have finally found it. Every detail in The Clarence is without fault, the hotel is decorated beautifully, and there has not been a single detail over looked.

The service is impeccable, and also without fault. On arrival my partner and I were offered a complimentary drink whilst our bags were taken to our room, once settled a very helpful member of staff called Louise gave us a tour, and took us to our room. She went through how to work everything which was a thoughtful touch. As usually we are left dumbstruck late at night and have to work things out for ourselves. We went to the local pub for a drink and when we returned we had had our beds turned down and a chocolate and a poem left for us.

The room Luella cherry is exquisite; the room is large and has many features on offer. We had an I-pod docking station, Widescreen TV, a huge bed which was really comfortable. The pies de résistance of the room is the Jacuzzi; it was so romantic watching a film on the aqua tv in the bubbles with my partner. I would highly recommend staying in this room for any special occasion or just to treat one self. The staff are always on hand to help, but also leave you alone when they are not required.
At breakfast there was a wealth of choice and again nothing was too much trouble. It was beautifully cooked with not a spot of grease on the plate.

Every hotel that my partner and I have stayed in has never compared to the impeccable service and exquisiteness of The Clarence I will defiantly be back to stay again. The room was so private and at night time you couldn’t have heard a pin drop.

Thank you all the staff at The Clarence for making me aware that you can have a good stay at a Hotel without always having to find faults.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple