“One of the best curries we have had”
Review of Monsoon Thali House - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Portsmouth
“One of the best curries we have had”
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Had special offer from The News for this restaurant so thought we would give it a try. So glad we did, the food was excellent, we had one of the best indian meals we have had, and we like our curries. Had onion bhajee starter, chicken tikka massala and chicken shashlik, rice and bombay potatoes, could not fault any of the dishes. The service was also excellent. Will definitely be going back soon.

• Visited November 2012

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable meal”
Reviewed 24 November 2012

We ate here on a Friday night, the restaurant was not busy with only two tables occupied, but the takeaway trade was booming. The decor could do with a complete overhaul, its old, tired and cheap looking, but otherwise it was a pretty good experience. The restaurant smelled great, the staff were attentive, efficient and friendly and the table was nicely set with good quality cloths, cutlery and crockery. The menu has the usual suspects, a good fish selection and thalis.

We found the poppadoms a bit on the soft side. Main meals were very nice but there were minimal king prawns in my biriyani. The naan was very greasy in the middle too but the flavours were good and it was all well presented.

There are a lot of dubious curry houses in Portsmouth, I think the Monsoon is one of the better ones but not amazing. Cant fault the staff though and it was reasonably priced. I would go back

• Visited November 2012
“Good”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Had a very good meal here using my Taste card and was not let down as it was 241, Mixed kebab and Chicken pakora, really nice and tasty. For main we had Chicken tikka masala and I had the Persian Chicken Biriani, and it was the best I have had, Very pleased with the food and will be returning.

• Visited August 2012
Portsmouth,UK
“Takeaway -- Not so good.”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

It wasn't very good at all. Chana masala seemed to be watery and with no MASALA at all as if they are serving British food. Pilau Rice was also of average grade. Rice used was of low quality. Masala dall tasted spice-less. I will never order anything from them. This was my first experience with them.

• Visited April 2012
“A Real Taste of Perfection!”
Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

I tried the a la carte menu which offers the new fish dishes. It was absolutley wonderful from the first moment it was served to me! Highly Recommended!