Hotel ibis budget Portsmouth
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
1,320 results
All reviewsfratton stationfootball groundseparate toilettravel kettleno tea coffee making facilitiesfast food outletsroom was cleanwhat it says on the tinextra pillowsrooms are basiccontinental breakfastone night staypowerful showershort staywi fian overnight staycar parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I would recommend Etap Hotel to people who are looking for a short stay. My family decided to visit Portsmouth. It was only a last minute decision. Tried several hotels, guest houses and B&B's but the answer was 'sorry, we have no vacancies'. I tried booking 'Etap Hotel' online, thinking maybe this will be full, like others. I was lucky as I did manage to book two rooms. After confirmation of booking the hotel, I read the reviews left by people who had stayed at ETAP. Some of the reviews for the hotel were really bad. I was worried as I had booked the hotel without consulting my other family members. But they were pleased to find the hotel to be good for the price that I had paid for it.
Firstly, I found the reception staff to be very helpful. The rooms were small in size but clean. We had a good sleep and enjoyed our short stay.
Just adding a few things would make its customers return back to the hotel again and again.
- If the hotel could provide with tea and coffee making facility, in the room.
- Provision of a few local newspapers in the public areas.
- Adding few more car parking spaces in the premises of the hotel.
- Replacing tissues and toilet rolls on a daily basis.
Other than that.....no comments.....perfect place for a perfect holiday...thanks ETAP HOTEL.
Anita Sinha

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank sinhaanita
EtapPortsmouth, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2011

I am very pleased to hear to you enjoyed your stay in Portsmouth with us. I will share your feedback with the Reception team. Many thanks,

Reviewed 3 August 2011

I stayed at the Portsmouth Etap hotel for one night in July before taking an early morning ferry to France. Unfortunately, I arrived late afternoon on a Saturday just as the fans were coming out of Portsmouth football stadium and there was traffic chaos. Having found the hotel, I parked and went to reception to book in – the first thing the lady at reception did was to ask where I had parked, when I told her, she was horrified and said “you need to move your car immediately or you will get clamped” – she told me that I could park in the B&Q car park opposite the hotel and gave me a pass to put on the dash.
When I had booked in, I made my way up to my room on the third floor. Unfortunately for me the lift was out of order – I did not ask to change rooms although I had an injured ankle. The room I had was fine, nice and clean and comfortable. I had breakfast in the morning and thought it was good value for the price, although I was a little put out that the coffee machine was not working and the alternative was a kettle and a jar of Nescafe.
Overall, I thought that this was a good Etap hotel with very nice and helpful staff, but in a terrible location from the point of view of the limited parking and the proximity to the football ground. I paid £60 for the night which I felt was on the high side for what is supposed to be a budget hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
EtapPortsmouth, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2011

Thank you for wrtiting a review, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed with us. I will share your comments with the team here. Kind Regards,

Reviewed 2 August 2011

Having stayed in most stars including those whom shouldn`t in my opinion have star rating at all, etap is a `not bad` hotel for the money.
The rooms are basic,but in a `new` building,The beds are standard double, with a crossover single bunk if you need it ( see pictures). the room comes with a work station table, and twenty inch flat tv. An added welcome extra is an air conditioning unit - the sort you would get ripped of a few extra pounds when holidaying abroad - as an optional extra when abroad. ( There are no in room drinks facilities altho reception / foyer has all that - auto vending.)
The shower unit is an integral booth within but without the room and functional, the wash station is very basic - but again functional.
The prices at etap seem to fluctuate a lot - more than most and for reasons,I coming from out of the area, am not always aware off.
Would I reccomend Etap- Yes for those who want no nonsense accomodation.( Ideal economy `business`).
I do have a couple of issues which I have addressed to the manager which she has promised to resolve - so pending that I am a satisfied customer.

Room Tip: For the first time since staying here, I have experienced banging doors last night and tonight - choose your room and neighbourscarefully!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Thank you very much for writing your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Kind Regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2011

We stayed at the Etap Portsmouth the last weekend of July. Whilst I was expecting a budget hotel, this place is awful and does not deserve to be called a hotel.

Very very basic room, lumpy mattress, dirty walls, threadbare carpet, broken lift, the list goes on.. The only positive would be the powerful shower. There is no bathroom - instead a seperate toilet, a shower cubicle and the sink is in the bedroom. I dread to think about the cleanliness of the bed linen etc, and felt unclean after sleeping in the bed.

I wanted to leave the minute I walked into the room, but unfortunately most other hotels in Portsmouth were either fully booked or cost 3-4 times the price of the Etap, hence we had no option but to stay put and spent the minimum time possible in the hotel.

Around 2.30 am on Sunday morning - woken up by the fire alarm (most likely set off by a drunk going back to their room) - the staff did not inform the guests what was happenning - zero communication, they couldn't turn if off - it appeared they did not know what they were doing, and after sitting round for 30 mins in reception were told by the firemen (who turned up) that it was safe to go back.

The level of staff varied - some were helpful, some were abrupt. Must also mention the limited parking which is not ideal - most people would not like to leave their cars in a B&Q car park opposite.

I do not recommend this hotel and would never ever stay in an Etap Hotel ever again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
EtapPortsmouth, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2011

I am sorry to hear that you didn’t find your stay at our hotel up to your expectations. We pride ourselves on our quality and staff training, so this is something I will be looking into personally. Please feel free to call me on 02392 736386 or email me on H6462-gm@accor.com to discuss further. Kind Regards,

Reviewed 30 July 2011

I stayed here over the weekend. The room was tiny, had a see through shower door which is in the room so everyone can see you naked in the shower (niiice) was kept awake till 5am by screaming and slamming doors by drunk people, complained a number of times and nothing was done.
Breakfast room is too small, had no where to sit, which means I paid £4 for a small take away hot drink.
Room was unclean and didn't have sheets on the uncomfy bed.

I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2011

Thank you for your comments. I can assure you the matter is being looked into. Feel free to call me on 02392 736386 or email me on H6462-gm@accor.com to discuss this in more detail. Kind regards,