“Terrific value,friendly Staff”

Hotel ibis budget Portsmouth
Ranked #19 of 39 Hotels in Portsmouth
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Having baulked at the squalor in the Market House Tavern we found ourselves in need. ETAP came up trumps, functional,very clean and a great value breakfast. Only minor gripe is lack of Parking, but the spaces not allied to ETAP were clearly marked.Even with a Pompey home game on first night we had no trouble with noise or the crowds. Would use ETAP again.Forward booking gains a discount.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel ibis budget Portsmouth

An Accor traveller
Warrington
Reviewed 12 August 2011

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank An Accor traveller
EtapPortsmouth, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2011

A TripAdvisor Member
Ystrad
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Worked well as an overnight base for ferry. Room basic and functional. Parking a worry had to use B and Q car park and we had lots of luggage/ bikes,etc for our holiday. we used the room on a Tuesday evening and it was very quiet, however don't know if match day would be a problem as almost next door to Portsmouths ground. The staff were pleasant and helpful, all in all a pleasant overnight stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
EtapPortsmouth, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2011

Thank you for posting your feedback, both myself and the team here are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back to Etap Portsmouth again. Kind Regards.

Reviewed 10 August 2011

A few years ago travelodge and travelinn started out this way offering good clean rooms at a very good price but now they have moved closer to the higher price offerings when sometimes all you want is a place to rest your head, this is was my first time staying in a etap and i was very impressed it does want you want it to do, It offers a clean comfy bed in a clean room and to be honest i did not mind that it was basic beause you pay a very small price for it, the staff where great and went out of their way to help us and we had a good night out in pompy and a great sleep, there is a bunk bed over the main one for a child but i would say the room is a bit small for three but im sure i could manage for the night, the hotel is close to the city centre and southsea and a short drive from the ferry port

Room Tip: book early for a very cheap rate
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
EtapPortsmouth, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2011

Thank you for posting your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves whilst staying with us. I look forward to welcoming you back at Etap Hotel in Portsmouth. Kind Regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2011

I would recommend Etap Hotel to people who are looking for a short stay. My family decided to visit Portsmouth. It was only a last minute decision. Tried several hotels, guest houses and B&B's but the answer was 'sorry, we have no vacancies'. I tried booking 'Etap Hotel' online, thinking maybe this will be full, like others. I was lucky as I did manage to book two rooms. After confirmation of booking the hotel, I read the reviews left by people who had stayed at ETAP. Some of the reviews for the hotel were really bad. I was worried as I had booked the hotel without consulting my other family members. But they were pleased to find the hotel to be good for the price that I had paid for it.
Firstly, I found the reception staff to be very helpful. The rooms were small in size but clean. We had a good sleep and enjoyed our short stay.
Just adding a few things would make its customers return back to the hotel again and again.
- If the hotel could provide with tea and coffee making facility, in the room.
- Provision of a few local newspapers in the public areas.
- Adding few more car parking spaces in the premises of the hotel.
- Replacing tissues and toilet rolls on a daily basis.
Other than that.....no comments.....perfect place for a perfect holiday...thanks ETAP HOTEL.
Anita Sinha

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank sinhaanita
EtapPortsmouth, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2011

I am very pleased to hear to you enjoyed your stay in Portsmouth with us. I will share your feedback with the Reception team. Many thanks,

Reviewed 3 August 2011

I stayed at the Portsmouth Etap hotel for one night in July before taking an early morning ferry to France. Unfortunately, I arrived late afternoon on a Saturday just as the fans were coming out of Portsmouth football stadium and there was traffic chaos. Having found the hotel, I parked and went to reception to book in – the first thing the lady at reception did was to ask where I had parked, when I told her, she was horrified and said “you need to move your car immediately or you will get clamped” – she told me that I could park in the B&Q car park opposite the hotel and gave me a pass to put on the dash.
When I had booked in, I made my way up to my room on the third floor. Unfortunately for me the lift was out of order – I did not ask to change rooms although I had an injured ankle. The room I had was fine, nice and clean and comfortable. I had breakfast in the morning and thought it was good value for the price, although I was a little put out that the coffee machine was not working and the alternative was a kettle and a jar of Nescafe.
Overall, I thought that this was a good Etap hotel with very nice and helpful staff, but in a terrible location from the point of view of the limited parking and the proximity to the football ground. I paid £60 for the night which I felt was on the high side for what is supposed to be a budget hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
EtapPortsmouth, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2011

Thank you for wrtiting a review, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed with us. I will share your comments with the team here. Kind Regards,

Reviewed 2 August 2011

Having stayed in most stars including those whom shouldn`t in my opinion have star rating at all, etap is a `not bad` hotel for the money.
The rooms are basic,but in a `new` building,The beds are standard double, with a crossover single bunk if you need it ( see pictures). the room comes with a work station table, and twenty inch flat tv. An added welcome extra is an air conditioning unit - the sort you would get ripped of a few extra pounds when holidaying abroad - as an optional extra when abroad. ( There are no in room drinks facilities altho reception / foyer has all that - auto vending.)
The shower unit is an integral booth within but without the room and functional, the wash station is very basic - but again functional.
The prices at etap seem to fluctuate a lot - more than most and for reasons,I coming from out of the area, am not always aware off.
Would I reccomend Etap- Yes for those who want no nonsense accomodation.( Ideal economy `business`).
I do have a couple of issues which I have addressed to the manager which she has promised to resolve - so pending that I am a satisfied customer.

Room Tip: For the first time since staying here, I have experienced banging doors last night and tonight - cho...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Thank you very much for writing your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Kind Regards,