“Great Stay, Great Price”

Hotel ibis budget Portsmouth
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Portsmouth
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Wiltshire, UK
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I booked this hotel for a trip to Portsmouth with my sister because the price was so reasonable but we weren't expecting such a warm and friendly welcome from the team.

The room itself wasn't particularly big but was clean and had everything we needed for the duration of our stay. Unfortunately my sister was taken ill on the second night of our stay but the reception staff did all they could to help and upon my checkout, enquired kindly about my sister's welfare.

Although this hotel is not located in the centre of Portsmouth, it is located near enough to Fratton railway station so you can just hop on to a train to get into the city if you don't have a car. They also have a small car park which was free once you got a permit from reception.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an affordable hotel that is clean and welcoming.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
EtapPortsmouth, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Portsmouth, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear them. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel on your next visit to Portsmouth. Kind Regards,
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Spent 3 nights at the hotel on a family football break. Both rooms had non functioning blinds but we were promptly moved to new rooms when we complained but these were little better. Service was friendly and helpful but this hotel definitely needs the upgrade planned for later this year.

• Stayed April 2012
EtapPortsmouth, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Portsmouth, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Thank you very much for posting your thoughts, I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.
surrey,
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We,my boyfriend and I booked a room 3 weeks ago as we both would like to see the sea, portsmouth, city life and celebrate the easter season. We live in SW London,indeed this is a a well deserved break We arrived last Good Friday at around 14:00. Our room was on the First floor. Disadvantages: A)The room-small, not conducive to Claustrophobic, absolute nightmare come-TRUE.B) The staff are mostly non-English speaking, their PEOPLE SKILLS is disappointing,I am in awe why the hotel management does not screen thier employees to best showcase the ENGLISH WAY of Addressing a Concern I.E. Cleanliness, Direction to City Tour Spot, and the ATTITUDE was unbecoming of a receptionist. C) The hotel boast 120 rooms- BE CAREFUL there are ONLY 16 parking spaces and a visitor will have to PARK in B&Q some 300 Yards away from the Hotel. If you hava e brand new car, i don't think this would be appropriate for Safety Reasons..the staff at the receptionist cannot enunciate a lot of english words and just said"I can't HELP YOU". I would recommend for people who would like to utilized this ETAP HOTEL- NEVER,NEVER, NEVER. This facility is an inexpensive way to stay in Portsmouth with all this disadvantages, \i would recommend a reputable hotel,I strongly would AVOID this so called Hotel.

Room Tip: Our room,First Floor, had a Faint smell of uncleanliness, the only time you ccan have your room clea...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thomas k
I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at Etap Portsmouth. I would like to confirm that although the Hotel has limited carparking spaces onsite, there is a large carpark across the road which is free of charge to all of our guests and has 24 hour security. Please feel free to contact me on H6462-gm@accor.com should you wish to discuss this further.

Travellers are raving about these Portsmouth hotels

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I am currently about to leave this hotel after an uncomfortable night. Ok so we booked at the last minute, but arriving last night in semi darkness, we were horrified this morning to turn over in bed and find a bogey wiped on to the wall next to us! Even more horrified to read this review site and to see that someone else reported this in February and the manager commented that housekeeping standards were being reviewed. How long does it take Etap to clean a bogey off a wall?? The toilet floor needs a good wash, there is dust on the toilet roll holder, there is no toilet brush. Are they scared we will try and steal it? Oh yes, we also have the same stained carpet on the floor. The general standard of cleanliness is poor, the bottom half of the walls, painted in a depressing shade of prison grey has an array of dirty marks and spillages. Having once spent a night in the back of a van on an airbed near Portsdown Hill, I must say that my husband and I found this infinitely more comfortable. Get your act together Etap.

Room Tip: If you have a room near the Safestore building, you cannot get a WiFi signal.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Harry B
EtapPortsmouth, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Portsmouth, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience of the hotel. I’ll look into this personally and come back to you. Please send your email address or phone number to H6462-gm@accor.com. Kind regards