“This hotel lives up to its name - budget !!”

Hotel ibis budget Portsmouth
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Portsmouth
GreenLeadersSilver level
Worthing, United Kingdom
“This hotel lives up to its name - budget !!”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We try to stay at Premier Inns (they are cheaper than this budget Ibis) as you cannot beat them for comfort and cleanliness. However, this hotel was the only one available at the time. The room was very small but clean. The bed very low and rather uncomfortable and instead of carpet on the floor, they had a good quality lino. There were no tea/coffee facilites in the room but we took our own travelling kettle etc, so that was O.K. The soap provided was not much larger than a postage stamp, so would advise you to take your own shower gel. I very much liked the shower pod, and would love one at home ! The staff on the reception desk were very friendly and helpful and provided us with a good map of the town. We didn't have breakfast there as it look rather dull. There is a bus only a short walk away that will take you right into town.
This hotel is a little too basic for us. O.K. for one a one night stay.

Room Tip: Do remember to take shower gel !!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hilary J
IbisBudgetPortsmouth, Management Team at Hotel ibis budget Portsmouth, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are pleased that your stay was, largely, a pleasant one and we hope for the occasion to host you again in the future.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Northamptonshire UK
Reviewed 8 May 2014

For a budget hotel it was comfortable, basic no frills but price good as just visiting my son at Uni and like to break the journey before returning. Very basic, good size bed, shower, toilet , decent tv channels. Parking was good as B&Q car park spaces if full at hotel; Just really missed a kettle so I could make a cuppa in the evening. Would not cost much more to leave a kettle even if people brought their own tea, milk etc. Staff very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank rainb0wsend
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are glad to read that your requirements were met during your stay and hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Booking this hotel was a bit of an experiment for us, never stayed in a 'budget' hotel before. We needn't of worried. It was fine. Lovely and clean, comfortable bed. Just the place if all you want is somewhere to sleep. Reasonably central with regular buses to take you into Portsmouth. Very welcoming staff (Agatha especially).
Breakfast was a bit disappointing - in particular, the fruit offered was poor (rather sad looking apples) and the rolls were hard. However, there was plenty to eat and no restrictions on the amount.
Would have no hesitation in staying here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
IbisBudgetPortsmouth, Management Team at Hotel ibis budget Portsmouth, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and particularly pleased to note that you would not hesitate to stay with us again. We look forward to receiving you.

Your compliments have been passed on to the staff.

Kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I travel quite a bit and I know that mistakes can happen. I'm not a serial complainer but I do expect a certain level of service when I'm handing my money over and I admit I was really apprehensive about a hotel with the word 'budget' in the heading but I was totally amazed at the ethos of this hotel.

I arrived and was given a parking voucher to display in my car.
I got to my room after hours of driving and a blow out on the motorway so I couldnt wait to shower and get into bed.
The room was very basic, but we know this about Ibis. It was spotlessly clean and my only disappointment was no socket near the bed for me to charge my phone.

The bed was relatively comfy but I asked for 2 more pillows and more towels. The room is like a mini pod and I know kids will love the bunk bed style. Nice TV and a great shower. Of course theres no luxury here but when I had a problem and went to reception I couldn't have asked for better customer service. The assistant manager was polite, apologetic and fast acting. The other staff were really helpful and acknowledged me straight away which makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!
I was given complimentary breakfast which was perfect. All help yourself in a bright airy clean area but as much as you like continental style and a big TV with the news on. You have to pay for certain coffees or hot chocolate but I left feeling full and would definitely pay for it if I stay in an ibis again.
My complaint was dealt with and escalated to the General manager and I am really satisfied and bemused at the high level of customer care.
Accor hotel Winchester need to take a leaf out of this book!!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for you kind words and compliments.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will have the occasion to stay with us again.

We look forward to receiving you.

Kind regards,
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stayed here recently,it was our third visit to the hotel. Every time has been of the same good value. No problems with room. Staff very welcoming on arrival. Would recommend to anyone wanting a no frills room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Wiltshireadventurer
IbisBudgetPortsmouth, Management Team at Hotel ibis budget Portsmouth, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and for your repeat custom at the Ibis Budget Portsmouth.

We are pleased to know that your requirements are being satisfied on your stays with us and hope to welcome you as guests again soon.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Had some reservations about staying here, however my reservations were not well founded!! The hotel was very clean and we had very good sleep every night! Very quiet rooms and clean. For the price this was exceptional value for money. Great central location. Free wifi was a great bonus! The only thing was, if you are like me, I needed a second pillow! Also - have to mention the lovely woman on reception when we arrived, was exceptionally friendly and helpful to us. Unfortunately I did not get her name, but she made the experience after a long travel much more pleasant. Recommend to anyone staying in Portsmouth.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JimBob2302
IbisBudgetPortsmouth, Management Team at Hotel ibis budget Portsmouth, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back again soon.