Premier Inn Portsmouth North Harbour Hotel
Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Portsmouth
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This premier inn is looking very tired in the public areas especially behind the reception desk. Also when we stayed there the room stayed at a temperature of 28-29 degrees despite a fan in the room, it was certainly cooler outside the room. In addition the hot water only dribbled from the tap. I wish I had known that the other hotel the Port Solent had air conditioning.

1  Thank Leotopaz
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Portsmouth North Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Excellent value for money. Clean spacious room- used a travel cot in room & plenty of space still to get round. Good firm mattress with clean linen and extra pillows. Bathroom very clean. Only downside

Reviewed 28 July 2013

friendly staff, good size bedroom, very clean and welcoming breakfast was brilliant had an excellent selection for children would deffinately visit again really enjoyed our visit. i liked they had books for sale for charity

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Stayed here for one night prior to catching ferry. It didn't look as modern as the other Premier Inn across the way, but once inside it was fine. The receptionist was really friendly and professional. Our room was fine, spacious, clean and functional, with a nice strong shower in the bathroom. The location is good for informal places to eat. Instead of using the adjoining pub chain we took the short drive to the Port Solent Marina area,which is a nice dockside eating and shopping venue, with plenty of choice. Ok, not a patch on our experience on the return leg of the journey (stayed at No.4 Hotel - see separate review) but for under £40 a room, we thought it was very acceptable.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Yet again the reception staff were friendly & welcoming upon arriving for my 2nd stay at this particular Premier Inn.
Smiles, warm welcomes and even a laugh at me forgetting my car reg! (Must be my age!)
Very clean, very comfortable & quiet...just what you want when working away.
The beefeater next door is very good!
Great steak, fast service & clean. (Get in there early though as it is clearly a popular and busy place.)
The car park is adequate for the number of rooms, but seeing how busy it got, I'm guessing the pub attached had guests parking where ever they could see a space, so this might become an issue if you arrive late.
Would recommend this for its location, easy check inn, comfort & staff.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the reception end are quiet. Dont drive past the 1st sign on the left of the A27 Sout...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Highfx
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Budget hotels aren't my thing, I stayed here because my first choice hotel was not available, the online booking process was easy and the price was less than half of what I normally pay.

The building itself is uninviting and the tiny little reception area does not give a good impression, the corridor leading to the room was grubby with tired old carpet and by the time I reached the room I was expecting more of the same, but to be fair the room was a little better.

It was very basic, which I guess is what you would expect from a budget hotel, but it was clean, if a little tired. As advertised the bed was very comfortable and I did have a very good night's sleep.

I paid 3 pounds for 24hours wifi access, which had it worked would have been a very good price, however the signal in the room was so weak that the service was barely useable, I asked for a refund on checkout in the morning and the 3 pounds were refunded promptly and with an apology and an explanation of the problem.

I ate in the adjoining Brewer's Fare (or possibly Brewsters) restaurant with my kids in the evening and on my own for Breakfast, The food was good without being exceptional, but very good value for money and the service was excellent.

Staff in the hotel were very friendly and polite.

All in all, as a budget hotel it does exactly what it says on the tin, while I won't be visiting regularly again I would stay for a night again if my first choice was not available.

Room Tip: Apparently there are occasional issues with wifi at the end of the building furthest from reception...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LanzaPaul
Reviewed 27 June 2013

On returning from France on the ferry we three pensioners were fortunate to choose this hotel as our overnight stop. We had good clean rooms comfy beds and a very nice lady on reception.The restaurant was a pub next door where we had our evening meal it was very nice but we were there on a saturday night so very busy a long wait for our food,but the food was good it didnt help that we were so tired after a long journey,the wait meant that we were eating far to late.I am sure if we had taken the trouble to look we would have found other restaurants close by.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends