“Really really HOT!”

Premier Inn Portsmouth North Harbour Hotel
Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Portsmouth
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stay there on 18-7-14. I had the worst night sleep ever. During the night probably had about 2 hours kip. Spent most of the night watching tv or going outside to keep myself cool. The funny thing about your receptionist that he was a sleep on several occasion when I went out. Was not amused he was asleep, Surely to say I won't be going back to the same hotel unless you put in air con.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Olidor
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Portsmouth North Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for your review. It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and we guarantee this. We do sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured that all your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to meet all our customer’s needs. We would like the opportunity to investigate further, please email your booking & review details to talktous@premierinn.com and we will be in contact directly. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Although this hotel can be congratulated on its staffing, its effective servicing and attention given to guests, it has one huge disadvantage; there is no air conditioning. Our overnight stay was sleepless because the room was unsufferably hot, despite there being a portable fan in the room which was on when we arrived, and even though we kept it on all night as well as keeping the window open, the room temperature did not drop. To be fair to Premier Inn, they refunded us our money as they say they will do in their publicity. With the installation of properly configured A/C this would be an outstanding overnight stop

Room Tip: without A/C, do not get a room in the middle of the building, or upstairs
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel for one night prior to going to the Isle of Wight the next day. On arrival we were met by a very smiley receptionist who gave us the room key and sorted out the car park pass. We made our way to our room and with it being a very hot day the windows were open and a fan was blowing cool air around. The room was spotless. Very comfortable. We had a very good nights sleep and checked out with the same smiley receptionist next day.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

problem was no air conditioning temp outside 30 degrees fan was supplied but temp inside room unbearable. 1 small towel plus 2 bath towels for two people. £192-00 two nights but next i will in future check price and conditions of other hotels

2  Thank trefor d
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Portsmouth North Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments has been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here after driving down from central Scotland en route to get ferry to Guernsey.

I'd disagree with earlier reviews, i'd rather stay here than the newer looking one next door, as this feels like a smaller more personal Premier Inn. My only gripe was that despite checking in online we had quite a wait behind others checking in manually at the desk. Not sure what advantage the online check in gave me?

My only tip would be to get a room away from the main road as it could be noisier. All in all a good stay, and it was a nice touch that being a roasting hot day the fans were setup in the rooms :-) Will definitely stay here again

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Very busy hotel due to its location just outside Portsmouth(Ferries, sight-seers,near several motorways, regulat overnight stop for business/trades folk)
Its a "just-ok" budget hotel with high rates due to its popularity/location
Had noise problems on first night and "good-night-guarantee" kicked-in (good for you Premier Inns and local management!) but after moved rooms and all ok.
Beefeater grill next door

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are quieter
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed here recently for a work trip. If you get the option I would certainly elect to stay in the other premier inn directly across the road (Premier Inn Portsmouth). It turned out the people looking after the travel in my work booked me into the wrong hotel!!

There wasn't anything massively wrong with this hotel apart from the temperature control issue. The heat in the room was unbearable and the window only opened around 2 inches! It was a really warm night and it was so difficult to sleep. I also wasn't asked on check out if I had had a good night sleep - I think it may have been evident by the dark circles under my eyes that I hadn't, so the receptionist didn't ask fir fear of having to give a refund! I didn't push it either as it was a work visit.

Also for dinner and breakfast you have to go into the pub next door, the food was lovely actually but the last thing I wanted after a long and busy day of travel & work was to get to my hotel and be told there was no room service.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business