“Most enjoyable stay”

Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Portsmouth
Weston super Mare
“Most enjoyable stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel over the period 26 Feb to 1 March 2014 whilst away on business. The check-in was very easy and very welcoming, the whole process was very quick with no problems. I had been warned that a minor refurbishment was underway and although there was a slight whiff of new paint about the place the contractors had managed to keep any sign of their presence to an absolute minimum. Upstairs the room was very clean and presented to a high standard. During my stay I came back on the 3rd evening to find a brand new 47 inch TV had been installed on the wall opposite the bed. This had been accomplished with no mess and the TV was ready for use. I use Premier Inns as a preference when I travel on business and I have yet to come across a bad one. The staff were all very helpful and that always makes for a good stay. Coming back again next week.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Chris251C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

My colleagues and myself stayed at this Hotel from 24-26 February 2014. Check In was good and took very little time. I was provided with a Double Room and it was a typical Premier Inn room with the usual facilities.
I thought the road noise was going to be a problem but it didn't affect my stay.
The bathroom looked nice and clean on first look and it was only when I took a shower that I realised the towel that I was provided with had brown stains on it.
I didn't make a fuss as some may and gave it to Claire at reception who changed the towel for a clean one.
The breakfast area/restaurant was a little bit of a bizarre experience when we went to dinner on the first evening. As we walked in there were about 6-7 members of staff walking around. We asked for a table and the young lady said that they were very busy and that we would have to wait at least 30 minutes for a table. We sat at a table near the bar while we waited and during this time I thought I would look around the restaurant. To my amazement there were no more than about 10 people in there eating!!!!! All the other tables were completely empty.
We decided to eat near the bar and put it down to other people's perception of busy!!!
An average stay only I'm afraid although I may use this Hotel again on business only.

Room Tip: Away from the road.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
West Sussex, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Once again excellent specially the lady that welcome us I believe her name was Claire? she was extremely helpful thank you! This hotel is going through some referbishment we had room 24 that had already been painted and the bathroom looks very nice. But the compliments have to go to the lady in reception nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TITOsudbury
Chatham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Could not fault hotel at all. Very helpful and friendly staff. Went the extra mile. Dinner on 15th Feb disappointing. Too long a wait for starters after drinks ordered, which when arrived was cool. Previous evening was brilliant. Put it down to staff and manager at that time. Would not put me off Premier Inns.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jofman
Hastings, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Stayed for the weekend. The staff are first class, the hotel is clean the beds are comfortable, very good size car park. Pub close by for food and drink. You do get a warning of road noise when you book, but I can honestly say I hardly noticed it. All you need for a weekend away visiting friends

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Tavistock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Brilliant staff esp. Claire, nice rooms. We had room 22 on 3rd floor, quiet, quirky with sloping eaves down a corridor over reception. Large room, large bathroom. Only drawback was small tv offset to one side. The beds are new but very high which caused much hilarity as wife is short! Hotel is 6 years old but well maintained. The restaurant is 100yds away (table table) and food and service on a busy saturday night was excellent. We had the meal deal. The room was booked at a cheap rate but our experience was first rate. Makes a change to find somewhere where the staff care about the customer. Hotel is situate in main road in village of Horndean so easy to find. Well situate for visit to Gunwharf Quays shopping centre.

Room Tip: Rear facing rooms are quiet. 3rd floor has a baggage lift to save carrying bags up 3 flights
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Gloucester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here visiting my family for a party. I booked the room online. Upon arrival I was able to park close to the entrance. Which is always a bonus.
On checking in the staff were very friendly, they have is choices and options in case you wanted some dinner etc. They also gave us a phone number for reception in case of any trouble. The receptionist actually seemed to care that we were made to feel welcome. The corridors were clean and uncluttered. The room was clean and familiar. The only problem we had was when it came to having an evening shower, the hot water took an age to kick in. It did eventually, but not until I had nearly lost hope. Overall very good, and familiar.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family