Sakura
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We went as a 5 for my son's 18th birthday. The waiter was very helpful in suggesting what we might like, and was really cheerful and pleasant. All the food was great - I especially loved the sashimi and tempura. As a surprise the restaurant dimmed the lights and brought out a nice cream sundae with sparkler on the house, and everyone in the restaurant including the other diners and staff sang happy birthday. They all went out of their way to make it a special night and succeeded. Decor not fine dining, but perfectly adequate and a great atmosphere.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

This is by far the best sushi I have eaten. It is freshly made and very very tasty.

One complaint that I do have, is that I find the staff to be quite rude especially one of the waiters there but that still doesn't stop me from going back.

My favourite is the tempura roll and the hell ramen. I think I may have tried all the sushi on the menu by now and they're all great.

Don't forget to try the green tea ice cream for dessert.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband and I love this place, the food is so fresh and interesting. Great choice if you vegetarian as well. i love their green tea ice cream as well! Lovely friendly staff.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

such a welcoming cosy relaxed atmosphere, we loved everything we ordered..a feast..served with a smile :) well done

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Sushi restaurants are few and far between in Hampshire. A little traditional japanese place, the tempura was so fresh, light and crispy, and never had tuna so tasty!

Left a generous tip, as lunch only came to just over £22 (20% off 12-2pm).

Loved it so much, I am going back again this evening!