Waverley Park Lodge
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Portsmouth
See available hotels
  • Beachfront
Florence House(Portsmouth)
View Hotel
All reviewsguest housea lovely place to staywithin easy walking distanceroom was clean and comfortableensuitehovercraftpubs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed at this B&B over the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We read some of the reviews on here and were quite worried but can now say alot of the comments are unfairly written.

The ethnicity one below - We are both White and also got asked not to bring take-away's back to the room which is understandable as they stain if spilt.

The room was small but just right for our needs with a clean bathroom and comfortable beds.

Garry the owner was polite, friendly and always had a funny joke to tell - a true BFG

The place is clearly being renovated in response to customer feedback as we were surprised with the modern features and plasma TV's with free-view, in our double room.

Good luck for the future,
Would definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We stayed at this B&B following our holiday in St Malo France in between getting off the ferry and catching the train home to London. We really felt we had come down in the world. We were taken into the kitchen to book in and were told that we would be having breakfast at 8.00 the next morning. We were taken upstairs to a large but very basic room which smelt strongly of bleach. Every expense had been spared. The toilet barely flushed and the toilet tissue was of the very thin and nasty variety. The curtains were so thin that when I awoke at 5 am I thought we had forgotten to draw them. At £80 for one nights stay, I felt this constituted very poor value for money. The neighbour hood is a bit scary too, I wouldn't let my husband go out to buy snacks as I freared for his safety.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Quasar2
Reviewed 1 April 2012

me and my partner stayed at this b and b for 1 night. Great value for money, comfy room and very clean and tidy. My partner had the full english breakfast and was very pleased at what he got. The owners was very nice and made us feel very welcome . Will be staying there again soon highly recomended.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nicky w
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My husband, myself and three children stayed for a night in August on a short trip to Portsmouth and all loved our stay. Lovely peaceful quiet nights sleep and wonderful tasty breakfasts.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank mumofthree3
Reviewed 1 October 2011

After booking this Hotel we read the reviews on this site and were a bit worried! However we were pleasantly surprised. Upon arrival we were asked (not demanded) what we would like for breakfast including tea or coffee. Not an unreasonable request I think. We were then shown to our room, which was a decent double size room. The en suite was a little on the small size but was very clean and well kept! We were also asked like another review I have read on here not to bring chinese or indian curries back to the room and my fiance and I are both white so I don't think that it was meant in a racist fashion. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would def come again! Sarah & Tony from Watford.

• Stayed: October 2011