“Tasty, inexpensive, Italian”

Ranked #48 of 707 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Italian Bar and Grill. Excellent New York style eaterie - combining a great bar with unfussy but stylish restaurant. The well-travelled patrons know good food - and you can be sure that everything is cooked fresh on the premises. If you can find a better rack of ribs this side of the state then let us know! Good quality, local, non-chain store restaurants can be hard to find. Relax, you've found one.
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Visited for the first time with friends and enjoyed a lovely meal. The staff accommodated us even though we turned up after the kitchen had closed and remained well past their advertised closing time - excellent service not to turn us away! The menu is varied with plenty of well loved Italian choices. Bruschetta starter as well as Asparagus & Parm Ham were delicious. The Calzone mains were huge, great value and packed full of toppings, although a little less Jalapeño would be advisable in the Santa Fe Calzone. All in all a good value and tasty meal.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We only had one night in Southsea so wanted somewhere relaxed with good food, after reading through trip advisor I rang the Italian bar & grill. There was six of and my grandson (4), the young lady on the phone was very helpful and advised booking, lucky we did it was busy.

Relaxed was an understatement, the ambience was excellent, the background music (swing) was a good selection, the staff were professional, helpful and attentive, but not in your face. The food was excellent everything bodies meals (starters and mains) was spot on, even my grandson ate all his pizza, all lovely end to a fun packed day.

Not sure when we will be back in Southsea again, but I hope this restaurant is still there.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have been here a number of times. I have to say it's one of the best restaurants in Portsmouth and can't recommend it enough. Great wine (house red), great food and the best cheese cake ever(if you can find a better cheese cake I want to know). If you are in no rush and want a relaxing evening and a stroll to the seafront after this is the place to head.

1  Thank OliverHe
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This is my first review and I'm happy that I started doing it in such a great place. I came here due to the reviews I have seen and I have to say its one of the best Restaurants I have been. The steak I had was amazing and the pasta my girlfriend had with seafood was the best we ever had. If you are around you have to try it out. If I come to Portsmouth again I'll be here again for sure ;)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Love this place! Brilliant value for truly lovely food!

Must try the rib eye steaks and Calzone pizzas!