“Superb”

Ranked #65 of 642 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Price range: US$13 - US$19
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Lin's Thai cafe is a friendly mother daughter owned cafe serving traditional Thai cuisine. The food is restaurant quality taking inspiration from Thailand's street food. All food is freshly prepared daily using mum's traditional recipes her mother taught her. Our cafe also serves a selection of British breakfasts. Our guests may bring there own alcohol with no corkage charge, although we do have a wide selection if British and Thai soft drinks.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Spectacular food, great service, great atmosphere. I have been to this restaurant three times now and each time I have been very impressed. A real credit to Thai cuisine; extremely authentic and great value for money. Can't wait to go again!

• Visited May 2014

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Still doing great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

We go to Lin's quite regularly and have been doing so for a couple of years, so it is nice to update TripAdvisor every so often. The reasons why? The food is still great, the service and atmosphere are really nice. The interior has been recently spruced up, the café now has a loo, and they don't charge corkage. The fish cakes and prawn Pad Thai are my favourites. Guess we'll be going back again soon!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Solar2solar
Strood, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“SUPERB FOOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

First time to the Café on a visit to Portsmouth yesterday and was recommended to my wife and I. I must say even though the café is very basic the food is amazing and I would say the best Thai food we have had. I love the Doctor Who Tardis for a loo - great. Only note for potential visitors they do not serve alcohol but you can take your own.

• Visited April 2014
Windsor, United Kingdom
“One of the best meals of the year”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I work away a lot and eat out 2-3 times a week. This was the most enjoyable meal that I have had in a restaurant this year. I plumped for a beef stir fry that mentioned chilli and ginger. the ginger really came through and as this is one of my favourites, I was not disappointed.

I agree the décor is café rather than posh restaurant, but it is close to a couple of supermarkets and you can bring your own wine. The service was charming and friendly. I am just disappointed that I won't be in Portsmouth again for a while. When I do, I will certainly return to Lin's

Thanks to all there.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Windsor_lad1957
Chesham, United Kingdom
“Outstanding food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Went here for lunch today with our daughter who is a student in Portsmouth Uni and lives in Southsea,
Decor is clean, but more cafe-style, BUT the food is outstanding, service was swift and the waitresses so attentive, and polite. Portion sizes were more than ample and the taste was pure heaven. Loved the Tardis. Police Box inside which is the loo, fantastic !!
We will definately be going back again and again,
Thanks for a wonderful meal xx

• Visited March 2014