“Best Indian Restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Gandhi Restaurant

The Gandhi Restaurant
Ranked #94 of 634 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Gandhi Restaurant has been specialising in offering the Finest Indian Cuisine in Portsmouth since 1979. The key to our continued success is our passion for high quality Indian Cuisine combined with faultless service. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
“Best Indian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

My partner and I have been eating here for several years and the food is the best in town. The owner will recommend something different that isn't on the menu for you to try and these are amazing. There is always a friendly welcome from all the staff and the service is excellent - we love going there.

• Visited June 2014
5 Thank LindaandEric2014

“Best Indian in Portsmouth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

The food is fantastic especially the sea bass starter, it is one of my favourite starters I've ever had. The service is superb and very welcoming. Would definitely recommend !

4 Thank Phillyd37
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We have been coming here for over 18 years and love it. The food is very good and full of flavour. I have recently become vegetarian and the staff will cook anything for me. The vegetable korma is wonderful. The decor is very modern and its very clean, would recommend.I can honestly say I have never had a bad meal here. Very friendly staff.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Woodisse
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent service and delicious food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have been to Isle of Wight on last Sunday. And I was craving for an Indian meal. Friend of mine recommend Gandhi in Portsmouth and me and my wife went there on our way back to London. We had king prawn suka as our stater and it was so tasty. And main course was so delicious and it was served so quickly. Staff was so polite and helpful. My wife loved the food and it made our evening special. Highly recommend.

4 Thank GarryH9
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Clean restaurant and polite service - average food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

The restaurant was new and the seats were very comfortable. The presentation of the food was good, and we got free popadoms, so hats off to the management for that :) The onion bhaji starter was good, but the paneer was a little bland, in comparison with ones we've tried in other restaurants. My main course was very tasty - chicken patia. However, my girlfriend's lamb pasanda had a very thick sauce and was like a korma, but less sweet; quite flavourless. To rub it in, her peshwari naan was all soggy! The price of the bill was quite reasonable. I would pay the restaurant another visit to try other dishes, but our hunt for a really excellent Indian meal in portsmouth continues.

• 3 of 5 bubbles