“Lost my curry virginity here!”

The Gandhi Restaurant
Ranked #75 of 694 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The award winning Gandhi Restaurant has been specialising in offering the Finest Indian Cuisine in Portsmouth since 1979. The key to our continued success is our passion for high quality Indian Cuisine combined with faultless service. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have been going to the Ghandi for the last ten years since being dragged for my 'first' Indian Curry at the tender age of 40 and have never had a bad meal yet.

The food is lovely, nice atmosphere and never a long wait. Overall just a nice dining experience and have no hesitation in recommending it (do a cracking Chicken Danzak) - only thing I don't like is they do the ordering on a tablet now (still prefer someone scribbling on a bit of paper! - an age thing!) but on the up side to that our extra nibbles were at the table while the waiter was still taking our main order :)

4  Thank Trish S

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Ordered after seeing great reviews I really wish I had stuck with New Tarj Mahal but thought I would try something new.

Ordered at 5pm.. Was told food would be half hour. But it actually took over an hour...

Delivered the wrong curry and to top that off chicken was actually still raw!

Called the restaurant to make a complaint about food and was told no the chef said he's sent you the right order and the food is cooked I'm not getting a refund or even a fresh order sent out..

Soo after trying to explain to the guy on the phone for another quarter of an hour that the food is raw, cold, competly wrong and late they decided to send a fresh order out which was cooked but still can not bring myself to eat as the food is tasteless and just plain disgusting.

Such a waste of time and money

Really shocked at the poor service and food the place looks so nice as well massive disapointmemt for a takeaway.

I think people leaving reviews most be eating from this place after a night on the beer and therefore are oblivious to what they are actually eating!

Do not order takeaways from here you have been warned!!

3  Thank Katie B
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Got takeaway from here and we thought we were being conservative with our choices and wouldn't have too much food. The portions were huge and more importantly, delicious. I was also surprised at the quality of the food considering I thought the prices were cheap.

Not much more to say other than i'd recommend trying it if you haven't.

4  Thank Michael H
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My partner and I have been eating here for several years and the food is the best in town. The owner will recommend something different that isn't on the menu for you to try and these are amazing. There is always a friendly welcome from all the staff and the service is excellent - we love going there.

5  Thank LindaandEric2014
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The food is fantastic especially the sea bass starter, it is one of my favourite starters I've ever had. The service is superb and very welcoming. Would definitely recommend !

4  Thank Phillyd37