“Excellent”

Price range: US$7 - US$52
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Closed for Major Renovation till February Angry Alys Wine Bar and restaurant in Portsmouth, Hampshire serves reasonably priced food and drinks in a quiet backwater of Southsea, just off Southsea Common. Come to us for a great night out and make new friends. You will return again and again.
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I went with my friend yesterday and had an enjoyable few glasses of red served by the convivial host Rod; and then had Sea Bass with ginger and spring onions, seasonal vegetables and new potatoes, prepared and cooked to perfection by Aly, a splendid evening, thanks guys x

2  Thank gillybubblesLB

Reviewed 26 March 2012

Recenlty visited for the first time. The front bit has a bar, and the restaurant is at the back. The staff were very friendly and had a chat with me before my friends turned up for dinner. I had the greek lamb, and my friends had the fish dish with pancetta and pine nuts. We all thoroughly our meals, which came with a good selection of freshly cooked vegetables.

1  Thank Deborah J
Reviewed 26 February 2012

angry alys without doubt is the best place to go for food,atmosphere,and service and hospitality ROD AND ALY welcome you with open arms.food is excellent and the beer is very cheap .posty mark and wendy

1  Thank mark d
Reviewed 11 February 2012

We used to go to Angry Alys a few years back, and then unfortunately it changed hands, well Rod and Aly are back...and the food and hospitality are as excellent now as it was before. The atmosphere of this very intimate restaurant is very warming. We are going back on Valentine's evening. The cost of the evening is very reasonable even with your drinks. Well worth a visit, and I am sure that you will return.

3  Thank Sandra H
Reviewed 24 January 2012

This is located in a quaint backstreet of Southsea and is well worth a visit. The food and hospitality is wonderful! The price is reasonable too!

2  Thank sazahra