“Highly enjoyable lunch”

The Belle Isle
Ranked #93 of 771 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Price range: US$1 - US$26
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A like minded group of friends, fully experienced and well travelled all looking for the same goal. To create a place anyone would like to hang out in, eat, drink, socialise and feel comfortable for all demographics. Travel references from around the world are used to create unique décor, exciting drinks and a really vibrant fresh produce food menu. A menu that doesn't involve burgers! A menu that incorporates sharing dishes from around the world to emphasise a laid back approach to dining, served by happy smiling staff who enjoy their working environment. Pop in for a quick coffee and end up whiling away the day sampling fresh food, cocktails and world beers in the most relaxing atmosphere the south coast has to offer.
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Have been here several times for lunch with the family and have enjoyed it every time. Good selection, well cooked, reasonable service, decent prices and a variety of vegan options that go down well with my daughter. Expect to be back soon.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

My partner and I are seriously impressed with the food quality from here. We ordered a meat burger and a halloumi burger through deliveroo and all I can say is DELICIOUS! We were so impressed we ordered again from here but different things. I ordered the vegan duck salad and my partner had the paella and we shared the loaded skinny fries. Again, everything about the food was pleasing. It was hot, tasty and well presented. Couldn’t recommend this place enough.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Hot, hungry and tired, we ventured into the Belle Isle for lunch. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and there were plenty of drinks options. I tasted a couple of beers and settled on their own brew, which was perfect for summer.

Sat on comfy couches sorrounded by ever-so-slightly hipster decor, we enjoyed our drinks while waiting for our food. The portions were decent and the food was fantastic.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Went here on a recommendation, two of our group had been before and enjoyed it, to start with the guy behind the bar didn't even bother to look up or acnowledge us, was quite miserable while taking our orders and obviously doesn't enjoy his job! The food was disappointing,the falafal was tasteless as was the 'slaw' but I must say the sweet potatoe fries were excellent! Would I come back again.... NO there are too many other lovely cafes in and around Southsea serving much nicer food and with far nicer staff. I almost forgot, when asked if our food was ok and I told him it was awful he just tutted!

1  Thank ttbr
Reviewed 14 June 2018

We dropped in here whist in Portsmouth.

It was right on the street and only a short walk across the common from the beach. Its had a good selection of beers and ales, some of which were local to the area.

The staff were very helpful and efficient and whilst the menu looked really good, we didn't stay to eat but will do next time we are in the area.

As it was a warm night, it was good that the frontage was open out onto the street which helped us catch some of the breeze.

Would certainly recommend if you want an afternoon/evening drink