“Disappointing in some aspects.”

Ibis Portsmouth Centre
Ranked #25 of 39 Hotels in Portsmouth
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I booked this hotel in person last year. The reason I did that was because my invited guest is disabled and needed her carer next door. I insisted that one room needed to be accessible, and the other next door. I paid at time of booking.

On arrival my guests were not in rooms next door. The accessible room was booked and another on a different floor. Fortunately the hotel was not busy and thus a change was made, but if it had been busy and it could not have been sorted Ibis/Accor would have been hearing from me.

On another note, the disabled parking are smaller than they should be. This place is clearly not committed to looking after disabled visitors.

Room Tip: If disabled, go elsewhere, this place is risky.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
ibisportsmouth, General Manager at Ibis Portsmouth Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for sharing your feedbacks about your recent stay in Ibis Portsmouth. I am sorry for the inconveniences you experienced and I am glad that the team manage to sort this out immediatly.
I hope we will welcome you back shortly.
Kind regards

There are newer reviews for Ibis Portsmouth Centre

Reviewed 15 February 2014

We stayed for 2 nights in early February, as we wanted a cheap place to base ourselves for exploring in & around Portsmouth. Got just that! Perfect location for us - 5-10 mins walk from the Guildhall & city centre, 10-15 from Gunwharf quays & it's brilliant shops & restaurants,

Were a bit worried when we arrived to see it was on a busy main road, university buildings all around & across the road from bars/clubs... However, didn't experience any noise from these & felt very safe walking about.

Rooms are very small but well equipped with hair dryer/tea & coffee. Felt very cramped, but for one or two nights, not an issue. Bathrooms are beyond tiny! Tall people beware... No room to bend in any direction!

Bar was very spacious & a lovely area to relax in. We didn't use the restaurant for either dinner or breakfast (not much around though for other options, so probably best to pay for the breakfast at the hotel) so can't comment on these.

Overall a well placed cheap hotel ideal for short stays.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
ibisportsmouth, Manager at Ibis Portsmouth Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your review. It is very nice to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I will share your comments with our team.

We will be looking forward to hearing from you again very soon.

Kindest regards,

Luis Ortin
Assistant manager
Ibis Portsmouth hotel

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I stayed at the Ibis for 2 nights as part of a hen weekend and was overall very pleased with our stay.

The lobby was stylish and modern with a large seating area and a bar. They also had a restaurant which was open until 10pm whith 24hour snacks (very handy after a night out!)

The rooms are very small but absolutely immaculate and tea,coffee and a kettle was provided. Anyone looking for a hotel which is pet friendly may want to note that you can bring a dog for an extra £5 (however if you have anything other than a lap dog you may want to reconsider bcos of the lack of space!)
The bed was surprisingly comfy (better than a 4 star hotel I'd stayed in prior to this). The bathroom was equally tiny but once again spotless with a decent power shower. A wash was provided which could be used on your hair as well as body which was an added bonus.

Food and drinks at the hotel were slightly overpriced. I had a curry one night which although was very nice was £10.95 and more like a child's portion.
A buffet breakfast was included in the price we paid and was fantastic. So many options to choose from e.g fry up, fruit, yoghurt, toast, pastries etc. which was served until midday.

Check out time was a comfortable 12pm which meant we didn't have to rush around.

NEGATIVES:

The walls and doors separating the rooms are paper thin which meant quite a bit of noise when people where coming in and out of their rooms and you could also hear people in the corridor. For a heavy sleeper like me this wasn't really an issue but for some people who went it was a real problem.

The hot water in the room was a bit temperamental at times and was had to get a constant temperature without it getting boiling hot however the power was reasonable.

STAFF.

The staff were very friendly,HOWEVER, their service was TERRIBLE. Even ordering a drink took about 10minutes and it felt as if nobody knew what they were doing. They also messed up prices frequently and so I'd advise everyone to check what they have paid for and keep a receipt in case of any mistakes.

Overall for the price we paid and for the purpose of our stay the hotel was perfect.
Even with the negatives I have mentioned I would definitely stay again, mainly as I was so impressed at the cleanliness of the place.

• Stayed: February 2014
ibisportsmouth, General Manager at Ibis Portsmouth Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear guests,
I would like to thank you for your review regarding your last stay with us in Ibis Portsmouth. I take good note of your feedbacks and we will work on improving your comments.
Once gain, many thanks and we all hope to welcome y ou back in a near future.
Kindest regards

Reviewed 5 February 2014

This hotel was good. The staff on reception were very helpful and friendly, happy wit help with lots of information. The room was clean but small. The bed was comfortable!
The hotel itself was relaxed and comfortable, a bit dated if anything. The breakfast was included and wasn't amazing but was fine. The location was great, walking distance to everything. The hotel was average price, a bit expensive for what you got.
Would consider staying in another Ibis hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
ibisportsmouth, Manager at Ibis Portsmouth Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your review. It is always nice to receive positive and constructive feedback from our guests. This will always help us to improve our service.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will be looking forward to hearing from you very soon.

Kind regards,

Luis Ortin
Assistant Manager
Ibis Portsmouth Centre hotel

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Ah the Ibis. I booked two rooms over a two week period but due to circumstances beyond my control had to cancel the two rooms for the second week. Unfortunately I made the mistake of paying in advance and consequently have been informed I cannot get a refund. So that is over 400 pounds of My Money I am down. Whilst I appreciate that hotels have to manager their room bookings I think a little negotiation on how much to withhold may have been appropriate. I tried speaking to the assistant manager who informed in a cheery voice that it was Company policy. Also refused to give me an area manager details so that I could complain. I shall of course write to Head office but doubt I will get much response. I work for a large local company; doubt we will use this hotel again. But then I doubt the Ibis care about customer satisfaction.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
ibisportsmouth, General Manager at Ibis Portsmouth Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear guests,
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay with us in Ibis Portsmouth.
Please feel free to contact me on h1461-gm@accor.com should you wish to discuss the point you raised.
Many thanks in advance.
Kindest regards

Reviewed 12 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ibisportsmouth, Manager at Ibis Portsmouth Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Reviewed 12 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ibisportsmouth, Manager at Ibis Portsmouth Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014