“Close to Ferry terminal”

Ibis Portsmouth Centre
Ranked #23 of 39 Hotels in Portsmouth
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Really handy for the ferry terminal and if booked in advance a good budget hotel, our rate was 28 pounds
Not good value if you were to turn up on the day, it was 70 pounds a night for the day we arrived, which was excessive.
Rooms are clean but small and the new beds are comfy.
Biggest downside for this hotel was the noisy rooms.
The corridors echoed, every conversation outside the room could be heard, this wasn't helped by the women who had a big drunken phone conversation at 3:30am with her mate up the corridor from our room!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
ibisportsmouth, Manager at Ibis Portsmouth Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear guest,

thank you very much for taking a minute of your time and write this review about your stay in our hotel. It is a pleasure to receive such a constructive feedback from our guests.

I will be looking forward to hearing from you again soon.

Ibis Portsmouth centre

Reviewed 10 March 2014

My husband and I spent our first weekend in Portsmouth and stayed st the Ibis Portsmouth centre. The hotel was very clean and the room had all you needed. Cleanliness was very high. The bed was extremely comfortable and the breakfast was great with everything you could want made available to you. The staff were really pleasant and helpful. Definitely a hotel to return to.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
ibisportsmouth, Manager at Ibis Portsmouth Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear guest,

thank you so much for such a positive and encouraging review. It is always a pleasure to receive this kind of feedback from our guests.

We will be delighted to become your base hotel in Portsmouth!

We will be looking forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Booked a double room for this weekend. Staff were very friendly and polite. The room was clean (although perhaps cleaning staff could be asked to wipe down walls - there were some tea stains on the wall in my room). I'm surprised about complaints about the size of the room, as I found my room quite spacious - plenty of room for my bags and to get ready. The bathroom was quite compact but it was very clean, which was crucial. Good facilities in the room and hotel - the ironing room was particularly useful as I forgot my travel iron! Hotel offers a secure car park - £7 for 24 hours which was pretty reasonable in my opinion. Special mention needed for the bed which was incredibly comfortable - one of the comfiest I have ever slept in.

Only downside is that the walls are quite thin and as a result, I was woken a couple of times during the night by some noisy guests returning after a night out.

Overall, a very good hotel and I would be likely to use it again when I next visit Portsmouth.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your review. If there is something even better than reading about a guest's nice stay, is to learn that they will be coming back!

We will be looking forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed here about 14 months ago, and the first thing we noticed is that the lobby/ reception/lounge area has undergone a complete make over.
It is certainly very funky. With friendly staff.
The rooms are comfortable and very clean (if a bit on the small side ) and the en suite bathroom has a powerful hot shower. But a very comfortable bed. All at a very competitive price when booked well in advance.
The buffet breakfast is still very good value for the price paid. All that is required for the start of the day is available, with many hot drinks available along with 2 fruit juices and there are no restrictions as to how many times you fill your plate etc.
All in all we would certainly use the hotel again as it is ideally situated for visiting our daughter
who is at university in Portsmouth .( The ibis budget near Fratton Park is good also , if you can't get into this one. )
Just one small complaint. I don't remember having to pay for the car park last time but was charged £7 this time. But probably much cheaper than using a local car park overnight !

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guests,

thank you very much for your kind review. It is a pleasure to read such a constructive review, which will help our team become even better professionals.

We will be absolutely at your disposal next time you come to Portsmouth to visit your daughter, or just to enjoy our fantastic weather!

I will be looking forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Booked in advance and got an excellent rate. Well located with efficient reception and good guest facilities (bar, restaurant etc). Small bedrooms with tiny bathrooms but clean, comfortable and well equipped. 10 minutes walk from Portsmouth and Southsea rail station. Only downside was guest with dogs which were allowed to bark both in the room and reception area.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a quiet room away from the road.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
ibisportsmouth, Manager at Ibis Portsmouth Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear guest,

thank you so much for your kind review. It is a pleasure to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I will be looking forward to hearing from you again in the future!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

me and my fiance stayed here for 1 night , we really enjoyed our stay, the staff were lovely and very helpful, the breakfast was superb , you can even have a latte instead of the usual nasty coffee last all other hotels seem to insist on giving you.
our room was quite cold so we found a way to block the vent which seemed to be giving out gale forced wind lol.
if you do decide to stay in Portsmouth a visit to Gunnside quays is a must , it costs £4.00-5.00 in a a taxi .
one other thing about the room i feel has to be said is that if you are a new couple going away be aware that the toilet/bathroom door is about 2-3 inches to short if you catch my drift.............

Room Tip: no good views in this hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your review, and also thank you for such a constructive feedback, which is how our guests help us to improve every day.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I will be looking forward to seeing you again very soon.

Assistant General Manager
Ibis Portsmouth centre

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have stayed in many Ibis hotels and this is one of the worst. There is almost no room between the wall and the side of the double bed. There is a ventilator blowing a continuous stream of cold air into the room (in February). The window curtain hangs down over the electric radiator (how does the local fire officer accept this?). Finally, on checking out I was told I had to pay two pounds if I wanted to leave my bag at the hotel until the afternoon. Apparently this has now become standard at Ibis hotels but it makes we wonder whats coming next: three pounds if you want a pillow, four pounds for towels?

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
ibisportsmouth, Manager at Ibis Portsmouth Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear guest,

thank you for taking a minute to give us your feedback, we appreciate it.

I am really sorry to see that your stay did not meet your expectations this time, but I hope we have the opportunity to have you with us in the future.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Assistant General Manager