“Best hotel staff I have ever had the pleasure to meet”

Ibis Portsmouth Centre
Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in Portsmouth
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Best hotel staff I have ever had the pleasure to meet”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The hotel was a comfy bed and a nice clean room. The restaurant had a tasty menu and the burger was one of the best I have ever had. The thing that made my 3 week work trip enjoyable was the staff, very friendly and always happy to help. If I was to return I would request to stay here again solely for them.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the car park are quieter and obviously the top floor is quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ibisportsmouth, Manager at Ibis Portsmouth Centre, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear guest,

thank you so much for your lovely review. It is a pleasure to read such a nice words about our staff. They are always trying to do their best in order to satisfy our guests, and you can be sure that I will share this review with them!

I will be looking forward to hearing from you again very soon.

Ibis Portsmouth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Okay so I read the reviews before I came so I was expecting a small room a tiny bathroom thin mattress and hard pillows!!! So I came with those expectations and my own pillow. Yes the bathroom is tiny and only 1 person can go in at any one time. I am only 160cms but it was plenty big enough for what I needed to do and it was spotlessly clean. The mattress was hard but very comfortable and the mattresses were fine. I am pleased I brought my pillow because I like softness to rest my head on. The staff are fantastic, continental breakfast was delicious buffet style full English was okay. The car park is small and I knew I had to pay because of the reviews I read but wifi is free so to me I usually don't pay for parking but I have to pay for wifi so it was a good deal. I would definitely stay here again - also my youngest daughter is coeliac and I would feel comfortable bringing her here as they have proper toasters so as long as I bring my toaster bag it would be fine.

Room Tip: We were on 4th floor and it was really quiet but it was mid week.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
ibisportsmouth, Manager at Ibis Portsmouth Centre, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your, not basic, but great review! We love to receive such a positive and constructive feedback, and I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will be looking forward to hearing from you again soon.

Chelmsford, Essex
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We found all facilities good and it is not too far to walk to Gunwharf Quays and enjoy the waterfront with its shops and many restaurants
We were able to book online at our convenience 2 rooms, one pre- paid

Room Tip: No opinion
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your review. We agree: our website is very useful and easy to use.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will be looking forward to hearing from you again.

Kind regards,

Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I chose this hotel for its location and private car park. It is ideally located for restaurants and cafes in the town centre and is a short walk to the Gunwharf Quay and the Historic Dockyard - a must for any visit to Portsmouth. I was given a quiet room overlooking the car park (which, unfortunately, was not secured). The stay was very enjoyable and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back, overlooking the car park, are very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

ibisportsmouth, Manager at Ibis Portsmouth Centre, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear guest,

thank you very much for taking a minute of your time and write this review about your stay with us.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed it, and I will be looking forward to hearing from you again very soon.

Kind regards,

Frodsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed at the Ibis in April. The stay wasn't uneventful but the hotel reacted thoughtfully when an under estimate of the volume of people wanting breakfast at the same time caused some delay. When we arrived back that afternoon in our rooms all those affected found an Easter Egg in their room and a personalised handwritten apology. The hotel was clean and the staff courteous and helpful.
Following my stay I mislaid a bag, which finally turned up elsewhere, but the housekeeper checked the room twice because it was possible that I'd left it behind.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

thank you very much for letting us know about your stay, last April.

I am glad to see that you were happy with how the hotel reacted to that unexpected amount of work, but above all, I love to see that you enjoyed your stay with us

I will be looking forward to hearing from you again very soon.

Farmington, Connecticut, Usa
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We arrived at this hotel about 5:00 at night. The hotel had lost power but provided sandwiches, beverages, chips and cookies while we waited. They were able to give us a room even without the computers running. The staff were amazing in the way they handled the situation! Room was small but clean and comfortable - we only stayed one night but I wouldn't hesitate to return.

Room Tip: The room was very small and the bathroom tiny! But it was very clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Ronald G
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your positive review, and your kind words about the perfomance of our staff on that difficult and unexpected situation. I will share your comments with the staff, as well.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I will be looking forward to hearing from you again very soon.