“Great place to stay”

Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Portsmouth
Taupo, New Zealand
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed here for two nights during our UK holiday. Very central to most things including the port areas Over all every Ibis Hotel we stayed at were of a high standard so do not let the budget price turn you off booking

Room Tip: Good hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
ibisportsmouth, Manager at Ibis Portsmouth Centre, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your nice comments. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Kind regards,

Ibis Portsmouth hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Horrendous hotel.. £70 for a room not worth that money. The carpet in the room was soaking wet in areas. £7 for a car parking space that your not going to get and £7.95 for a breakfast that was cold, served on plates that you can't fit anything on and they didn't replenish anything that ran out. If I'd paid £30 for the night then I could understand but I don't think £70 is really budget

Dear guest,

thank you very much for taking a minute of your time to write this review. We always appreciate constructive feedback.

I am sorry to read that, this time, your stay did not meet your expectations.

Kind regards,

Ibis Portsmouth hotel

Travellers are raving about these Portsmouth hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We chose this hotel due to it's central location and weren't disappointed. When we arrived the receptionist was very helpful changing our twin room to an adapted room for my son who is in a wheelchair. The room was spotless and the bed extremely comfortable. The young lady waitress in the restaurant for our evening meal was most helpful and cheerful. The food was tasty and piping hot. All the staff were very helpful. It was a pity that there was only one girl trying her best to sort all the guests out on her own at breakfast. We had to wait 25 minutes for the sausages and bacon to be replenished so we could have our cooked breakfast. She still served everyone with a smile on her face. We would stay here again without any hesitation.

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your nice comments about our staff. I will share them with them.

Of course, I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I will be looking forward to hearing from you very soon.

Assistant Manager
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The hotel was a comfy bed and a nice clean room. The restaurant had a tasty menu and the burger was one of the best I have ever had. The thing that made my 3 week work trip enjoyable was the staff, very friendly and always happy to help. If I was to return I would request to stay here again solely for them.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the car park are quieter and obviously the top floor is quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ibisportsmouth, Manager at Ibis Portsmouth Centre, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear guest,

thank you so much for your lovely review. It is a pleasure to read such a nice words about our staff. They are always trying to do their best in order to satisfy our guests, and you can be sure that I will share this review with them!

I will be looking forward to hearing from you again very soon.

Ibis Portsmouth
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Okay so I read the reviews before I came so I was expecting a small room a tiny bathroom thin mattress and hard pillows!!! So I came with those expectations and my own pillow. Yes the bathroom is tiny and only 1 person can go in at any one time. I am only 160cms but it was plenty big enough for what I needed to do and it was spotlessly clean. The mattress was hard but very comfortable and the mattresses were fine. I am pleased I brought my pillow because I like softness to rest my head on. The staff are fantastic, continental breakfast was delicious buffet style full English was okay. The car park is small and I knew I had to pay because of the reviews I read but wifi is free so to me I usually don't pay for parking but I have to pay for wifi so it was a good deal. I would definitely stay here again - also my youngest daughter is coeliac and I would feel comfortable bringing her here as they have proper toasters so as long as I bring my toaster bag it would be fine.

Room Tip: We were on 4th floor and it was really quiet but it was mid week.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
ibisportsmouth, Manager at Ibis Portsmouth Centre, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your, not basic, but great review! We love to receive such a positive and constructive feedback, and I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.