“Good value”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Good value”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

My partner and I along with friends spent one night at the hotel (5 Feb) and must say after reading the reviews felt I must make comment. The hotel decor is a little dated but but we found the room clean and well equipped. The staff were welcoming and friendly. Had a lunchtime bar meal which was good and breakfast was excellent. Would we stay again YES would I recommend YES. What more can I say.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ken R
GeneralManager99, General Manager at Best Western Royal Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Thank you for your very positive review and I am pleased you found the quality and service good and sometimes most importantly value for money, best wishes Chris Gilmore GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
Bideford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We had a voucher for bed,breakfast and evening meal. Had a lovely big room with sea views, bed was comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful. Food was good with choices. The car park could have been bigger for the size of the hotel as we had to squeeze in a small gap. Would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review, I am pleased we ticked most of your boxes and hope you visit again soon, best wishes Chris Gilmore GM
London
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My wife and I spent a night here for the weekend. I must admit that having read the reviews on Trip Advisor it wasn't our first choice, but we left it too late to book a few of our preferred options.

On the whole however we were more than happy with our choice. The hotel is traditional in appearance and located right on the seafront (although we didn't get a seaview ourselves).

Reception was both efficient and friendly and were happy to allow us to leave our luggage there on a couple of occasions as well as ordering a couple of taxis for us.

The room was lovely and large. It was a twin room (I think that we had asked for a double), although being English we didn't ask to see if it was possible to change and we were happy with our lot.

The buffet breakfast (about £12 extra for both of us) was excellent and one of the best that I have had.

Overall a nice stay and well worth the money.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and I am pleased you had an enjoyable visit with us, I will pass on your comments re breakfast to all concerned, regards Chris Gilmore GM
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Had an overnight stay at the hotel, evening meal and breakfast were good. Comfortable ,spacious bedroom with on suite, pleasant sea view. Staff were very polite and attentive, overall an enjoyable visit. Car parking could be improved, especially for older people, we had to park some distance from the Hotel and walk in the rain =(( Would recommend a stay here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review of the Hotel and I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay. Car parking is limited at the Hotel but as you found off street parking is available and not to far away, best wishes Chris Gilmore GM
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Very friendly staff and lovely rooms with sea views. Good food with excellent choice at breakfast and diner. Does need some repair to windows which do not seal correctly. Would recommend this hotel. I have to puy 200 characters but cannot think of more to say so I hope I have put enough now.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Thank you for your comments and I will pass them on to all concerned, best wishes Chris Gilmore GM
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Great location, excellent family room, fantastic breakfast, parking available on a first come basis but street parking also available. A bit old fashined but this is the style of the hotel. There was some noise from the Saturday evening entertainment but it did not cause too much disturbance. Overall would recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Thank you for your comments and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, my apologies for the slight noise nuisance, we hope you visit us again, best wishes Chris Gilmore GM