Portsmouth Marriott Hotel
US$114
  • Breakfast included
Seacrest Hotel(Portsmouth)
US$107
Stattons Boutique Hotel(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
Best Western Royal Beach Hotel(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$79
US$112
Agoda.com
Florence House(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$62
Agoda.com
Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$80
Somerset House Boutique Hotel(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
1,319 results
All reviewsswimming pooltwo double bedsmini barleisure clubopen planleisure facilitiessteam roomport solentgood sizepizza hutrestaurant staffminute driveweekend breaksuperior roomfollowing morningbreakfast was excellentfamily room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Once you are inside this hotel, it is a completely relaxing atmosphere from the bustle of either work or shopping. The staff are very attentive. If you need anything, just ask.
Facilities are fantastic whether business, family or just leisure.
Leisure club, pool, sauna, treatments, wifi, convenient location etc
It is well worth if you are there on a Wednesday night to get the room upgrade and invite to General Managers private reception drinks, the management Team are always so welcoming and attentive to all guests. The free drinks and food are always worthwhile.
This is easily the favourite hotel for regular visits in this locality.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LetRippr
PompeyGM, General Manager at Portsmouth Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel with a baby and toddler in the early hours after a longer than expected journey and just wanted to get to our room. We went through usual checking in procedures but problems started once they tried to take payment. The card machine was extremely slow so the transaction failed. They then tried another card reader but had the same problem. We had been trying to check in for approx 30mins with two staff members trying to do the payment when a third member suggested they write the card details down and attempt again in the morning. We finally get to our room which was a good size and clean. The following morning we got up ready to go to Peppa World but my partner received a call from his credit card company fraud department. When he finally got through he was advised 3 payments had been attempted to be taken that morning by the hotel. One for the amount of our stay and 2 smaller amounts. He went and questioned this the member of staff on duty and was told the large transaction failed so she attempted smaller transactions to
check whether funds were available! My partner was
not happy at it being implied he couldn't pay for our stay. He had the credit card company on the phone, whilst at reception,who not only confirmed funds were
there and that the hotel should not have attempted the other payments without the card holder present but they also confirmed the reason for the failed payments were due to hotel inputting the incorrect expiry date! There was no apology from the staff member instead they responded by stating technically they shouldn't have let us stay in the hotel the previous night without payment. We were eventually given free breakfast for our remaining 2 mornings but we had lost precious time on a rare weekend break sorting out the hotels error. The rest of the stay was fine and on checking out one of the assistant managers told us our issues were being looked into higher up as their procedures needed looking at. He said they would look at a partial refund and would be in touch. We haven't heard anything yet but they have sent us a customer satisfaction survey!!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank DoraNorwich

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and for the feedback. I have investigated the issues mentioned and spoken with the young lady at the desk.
During our check-in process we take an authorisation for accommodation and extra charges from a Credit Card to open credit facilities to the room account, it seems there was a technical problem with our machines or connections when you checked in. Our night associate took down the CC number, so you could go up to your room and did not have to wait any longer. He would try and take the authorisation later.
The young lady that spoke with your husband the next day had tried to take the authorisation but did not work again. She tried to explain the situation but your husband became very upset.
She then became also very upset and burst into tears. She was in contact with you later in the day and it appeared that the night associate made a mistake and put down an incorrect number for the expiry date. We would like to apologise for the inconvenience.
As an apology she offered you breakfast for the family for the duration of your stay, since you were booked on a room only rate. I understand this was accepted and appreciated by you.

We have spoken to the gentleman who checked you out and I can only apologise for him since he did not properly act upon his promise that you would be contacted and did not fill out a comment form. These comment forms come to my office so I can follow up.
I am very happy to hear that the rest of your stay was enjoyable.
Once again I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused and would like to offer you a free upgrade to a Superior Room on a next stay with some nice amenities.

Please contact me personally or ask for my PA Helen Beard.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night after deciding last minute to take a little break in Portsmouth. The hotel looks quite tired from the outside but inside is lovely. It is big and was quite busy when we visited. The pool was particularly busy and not that big which put us off using it. However I had a very good and reasonably priced massage in the spa. Our room was very nice - the king size bed was very comfy! We were going to eat in the sea level lounge but after we were seated the service was really really slow so we left. Breakfast in the morning however was very nice with lots of choice. The hotel is about 15 mins walk from port Solent where we enjoyed a lovely walk and dinner. You need to drive or get park and ride into Portsmouth itself though. Overall a mixed stay but I'd go again just for the comfy bed and the great massage!

Stayed: July 2014
PompeyGM, General Manager at Portsmouth Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Beckie,

Thank you for chosing our hotel and we are pleased you had a great stay and I have passed on your lounge comments to our F&B team, but pay more attention to a speedy service.
Just for your information is that our owners will replace all outside cladding and windows next year, so we will have a new outside as well.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I've stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions. Rooms are to the usual Marriott standard nothing flash but adequate. Staff are always friendly and helpful. Nice atmosphere in the bar and restaurant is OK.

Parking is never a problem and the hotel is well located for easy travel. The only down side is there is nothing close by. The nearest amenities are located in Port Solent. You can walk there but not recommended in the winter.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor and if not available room not over looking the bar
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for chosing our hotel and for the great commenst and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed last week for one night and overall it was good but some aspects let it down. We found blood on the pillow but were too exhausted to call down to reception so we just put it on the floor and used another one but in the morning we found that the sheets had it on as well, not very nice. The other problem is the noise, it is an older hotel and I assume not double glazed, the traffic noise was incessant, I actually got out of bed because I thought the window must have been open, it wasn't. It woke me up early and kept me awake late so I would suggest asking for a room away from the busy road side of the hotel.

The girl on reception in the morning provided as much customer service as a nuisance PPI caller and didn't bother to ask how our stay was. It's a shame because the rest of the hotel is nice but I would stay in a more modern hotel next time just because of the aforementioned noise problems. I've stayed in budget hotels at the airport and heard less noise!

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the noisy road.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
PompeyGM, General Manager at Portsmouth Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you forstaying at our Hotel and thank you for sending me your information, so I can follow up on the various service issues. I am pleased to inform you that our windows will be replaced early next year, as our owners are investing in new windows and changing the white cladding at the same time. We will be installing the latest technology - double glazed windows, so we will limit any noise from traffic and weather and improve on energy efficiences at the same time.
I have put a note on your file for a quit room for your next visit and I will get back to you with regards to the service issues soon.