We booked this hotel for 3 nights over the august bank holiday, on arrival we were greeted by a large drunken wake of a biker with mourners drinking outside of the entrance. Not a great first impression though no fault of the mourners. The hotel was easy to find and had a large free car park though a bit far from portsmouth attractions if you wanted to walk.
Receptionists were both really friendly and helpful and check in really quick. This hotel must have been built in the 80s and the cheap noisy hallway floor all the way to the room declared this with every creaky step.
The room was clean and there looked like they had updated the furniture to try and bring it up to modern standards, however the woeful bathroom fittings totally undo this. The whole double tap would twist when you turned it on , the sink was some dated onyx replica amd the toilet flush a right mess. The decoration in the in the very large room was very dated and worn.
This hotel really need to spend some money on these rooms to makemthe best of what could be a good hotel.
First night was disturbed by drinkers in the car park again, then atb5. 30 the room above were walking around on there creaky floor.
Not all bad but could be better, ok for drinkers on a cheqp weekend but not for a nice treat.
Good points, cheap, pub attached, free parking, big rooms, nice staff.
Bad points, too far from sights, really fixture and fittings, poor breakfast, noisy hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the eastern edge of Portsmouth the Inn Lodge features two restaurants, a childrens play centre and a lively sports bar. With fully licenced function rooms you can have a full day wedding from ceremony to evening reception. Portsmouth Continental Ferry Terminal is just 2 miles away. The Pony Club childrens centre features an indoor soft play area and an outdoor playground. The hotel also has free on-site parking and a large garden with outdoor seating. The spacious rooms at Inn Lodge Portsmouth each have a work desk and a private bathroom with a hairdryer. All rooms have free view TV and tea/coffee facilities. Guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi in the relaxing lounge. The Hungry Horse restaurant serves a wide variety of meals including the big plate specials and the Sports Bar offers real ales and Sky Sports. Inn Lodge Hotel Portsmouth is just a 15-minute drive away from Portsmouth's historic waterfront, featuring the Naval Dockyard and the popular shopping destination Gunwharf Quays. The M27 motorway is a 5-minute drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Farmhouse & Innlodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Farmhouse Innlodge Portsmouth
- Farmhouse Innlodge Hotel Portsmouth