“Still fantastic in every way”
Review of Capers

Capers
Ranked #114 of 656 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Price range: US$16 - US$24
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
London
“Still fantastic in every way”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

When this place opened, it was a breath of fresh air (a decent unpretentious café with good food and reasonable prices) and having not been back for 2 years, after I moved away from Southsea, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it has not changed. Quality food, and smiling service, I yet again had the best eggs benedict in Hampshire, and the coffee is simply amazing. Delighted it's still going strong, despite the new competition (Garage Lounge, etc), it's still number one in my book.

• Visited August 2014

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“WE WILL BE BACK”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

My friend and l ended up trying Capers on Friday as our usual favourite Smile was closed due to holiday.

I must say l was pleasantly suprised at both the fresh approach to their menu and also the friendly service. I had the capers breakfast and my friend the quiche of the day which both were hot and tasty washed down by tea and a coffee.

We were tempted by the cakes, however had no room so l think that is excuse enough to return.

Try it well worth it!

Visited August 2014
Alton, United Kingdom
“Fabulous, inventive, fresh food”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I come to Southsea every 6 weeks to visit the hairdresser and this is where I always lunch. Today it was boiling hot and there was a prawn and tropical fruit salad on offer served with a coriander, ginger and lime dressing - perfect summer fare. The mushrooms on toast served with pesto and tomato chutney is great and the salads are always excellent. The bread is far superior to that served in most places. There is an excellent choice of soft drinks and the staff are friendly. I have tried many other places in Southsea and this is by far the best!

• Visited July 2014
“Nice place, friendly staff”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Apart from the breakfast being average (considering costing over £6), not a bad place to eat. It's abit cramped but weren't too busy to complain. Overall, worth a look.

Southsea
“Lovely food, great service, child friendly.”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I just wanted to post a review to say we visited here for the first time yesterday and really enjoyed it. The food and drinks were lovely and the staff were really helpful, in particular with our young children, splitting portions for them and bringing a booster seat outside for our youngest. Will definitely be going again and trying some of the other great things on the menu.

• Visited July 2014