“Top service”

Seacrest Hotel
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Portsmouth
“Top service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel at 11am for a 3pm check in, I was hoping I could leave my bags. I was seen to by a lovely lady who went and asked for the room to be priority for cleaning, I was offered a coffee (real coffee!) and a newspaper and my room was ready for 11.15am! I was lent a phone charger by reception. I was advised My single room had not yet been renovated, but it was clean and fine with the comfiest pillows I have had in a hotel. Breakfast I was able to order off menu with no problem and served by another friendly lady. The service was fantastic at this hotel!! I would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2014
Ana-Marie T, General Manager at Seacrest Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for finding the time to review our Hotel. It is nice to know that you found our pillows to be comfortable and that you enjoyed your breakfast. It was a pleasure looking after you whilst you stayed with us and we are delighted that you would return and stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
York, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Lovely clean hotel. Fantastic breakfast served with beautiful sausages! Very helpful and friendly staff, especially in the middle of the night as one of our children decided to be sick :( Lovely room with a seaview. Would definitely recommend and will definitely be staying there again. Thank you.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sue M
Ana-Marie T, General Manager at Seacrest Hotel, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. Whilst we do not have Night Porters at the Seacrest Hotel, we do have a Nightwatchman, whose job it is to look after the Hotel and its Guests during the night. This enables our Guests to sleep safe in the knowledge that there is ALWAYS someone on duty and on the premises 24 hours a day. We are pleased that Dave was able to help you when your little boy was sick, and we were delighted it did not last for very long,and you were able to enjoy the rest of your Break with us.

Thank you again for your lovely review, we hope to welcome you to the Seacrest Hotel again one day.
Lanzarote, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

The Seacrest is made up of two old townhouses overlooking Southsea common, so while it is tastefully decorated and cosy it is not as spacious or flashy as a big modern hotel, but in many ways this is a pleasant breath of fresh air after staying in many increasingly homogenous hotel chains.

What strikes you from the moment you walk through the door is the fantastic level of service. I arrived far too early to check in and rather than, as I expected, being told to leave my bag and come back later I was offered a coffee and asked to wait while the owner had a look to see what she could do for me.

While I sat waiting for a room to be ready it very quickly became apparent that this level of service was the norm as a few guests came to reception and were dealt with in what I would consider to be over and above the expected standards of service.

I was in a single room which is one of the few which have not yet been refurbished, although despite being a little tired it was still clean and comfortable, I managed to get a peek into some of the refurbed rooms and they appear to have been done to a very high standard.

I had a fantastic night’s sleep in a very comfortable bed, followed by a breakfast cooked to order with once again great service.

I couldn’t recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Ana-Marie T, General Manager at Seacrest Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Thank you for your lovely review, we like to offer a good service and it is so nice that you appreciated it. We have four single rooms, one of which you stayed in, which have not yet been refurbished. This is because there are plans to have these room extended at Christmas time. We are pleased that you were nevertheless comfortable and enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure looking after you, and we hope that you will visit us again.
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

We booked two rooms for a one night stop over. We found the hotel to be ideally placed on the front. We'd read the reviews and so after a disastrous stay at a hotel just down the road last year, we were confident we had chosen well this time. We were greeted with a smile which is always a good start. Our rooms were very well appointed and well decorated and extremely clean. We dined in the restaurant, which was very good and breakfast was just as good, the restaurant staff being very accommodating. We understand from speaking with the owners that the hotel is constantly being upgraded and refreshed. Can't fault the place really. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. It is always nice to hear that our Guests found our rooms to be well appointed and extremely clean. I know that Chef also loves to hear that our Guests enjoyed the food. It was a pleasure looking after you during your stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you to the Seacrest Hotel in the future.
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I Stayed in the Seacrest in mid Aug 2014. We found it to be charming with pleasant staff and good breakfasts. Our room was a little small but was clean and comfortable with an alleged sea view, but we couldn't see the sea because of the trees and foliage! Would thoroughly recommend however and was good value for money.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. We are sorry that you did not feel you had a seaview. We do state on our Web Site that rooms on the first floor have views of the gardens just opposite the Hotel with sea glimpses through the trees. The other eight rooms on the second and third floors do have lovely seaviews across the gardens to the Solent with the Isle of Wight in the background.

We are pleased however, that this did not spoil your stay with us and that you were comfortable and enjoyed your breakfast. It is also nice that you would recommend us. Should you return one day, if you telephone the Hotel direct, we will make sure that you stay on our top floor (we do have a lift) where the views are absolutely panoramic.

Thank you again for your kind review.
Saskatchewan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

My wife and I had a great view of the sea from our room at the Seacrest. The room might have been a little smaller than we had hoped, and the floor was a little uneven - our room was actually mentioned in the hotel history as being the only room to exhibit any shifting, but our overall experience was very good. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, breakfast was quite good with excellent selections, and the location was great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Ana-Marie T, General Manager at Seacrest Hotel, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We are always amazed at how many people read our little potted history of the Hotel and let us know interesting it was. Because of its location and the length of time the Owners have been here, the Seacrest probably has more to tell than most. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you again.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

We had two rooms during last week end (17th Aug) and was very pleased with all aspects of the accommodation. Staff were well presented, smiling, genuinely cheerful, and very helpful. Rooms and en suites were light, comfortable, very clean and provided with plenty of tea, coffee, and toiletries. Restaurant and full English breakfast was excellent. Nothing else to say, Excellent.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

It was a pleasure looking after you during your stay with us, Antoinette and I remember you well. Thank you so much for your lovely review and we hope to be able to welcome you back to the Seacrest again one day.