“Very poor service”

Price range: US$13 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: JAMIE’S ITALIAN Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning.
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This is our favourite haunt when shopping. Having been here numerous times and always had a great experience, this time (sat 12 July 1pm Hewitt) was best forgotten about. Shockingly slow service considering the restaurant wasn't busy. Never got offered pepper,salt or cheese, sat for near 1 hour for a starter. Two hours for a pasta lunch is too long to wait. Jrmaine our wIter was polite but far, far from on the ball. Awful service guys, pull your socks up

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Lunched here while shopping in Gunwharf Quay. We were able to sit outside as it was a nice day. The server eventually noticed us and came to give us a carafe of tap water while we decided what to order. At that time he also took out drinks order, which we placed without looking at the menu, one beer & one glass of Pinot Grigio. I must confess to being slightly irritated when everyone keeps calling us "guys". "Hi guys, what can I get you guys?" I know it's the way young 'uns speak these days but at my age I do find it a bit disrespectful. The starter took a long time to arrive and then we had to wait another 25 minutes or so for our main courses. Food was good but not spectacular and the soft-shelled crab was propped up with claws in the air, looking like something out of "Finding Nemo", not much salad with it either. The bill arrived and I was surprised to see that we had been charged £8.30 for a glass of quite ordinary Pinot. My advice, look at the menu before you order as some things are more expensive than you would think.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Four of us visited Jamie Oliver's place at gunwharf. Very small portions, one dish was meatballs- come to table- four meatballs in a bowl sitting on a few spoonfulls of tomato sauce. When I asked where is the pasta...told that my dish was complete! All things like veg are classed as extras and cost extra, however pasta was not on the list of extras so No Pasta....ovarall it wS all avarage Italian food small portion's big price. Not impressed, cant see the attraction to return.
Its a shame as I was so looking forward to something special.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was my second visit to Jamie's Portsmouth, the first time was great - as good as all the other Jamie's I've been to. This time though ... oh dear! We waited 45 minutes for our starters, after having to go and fetch our our own veggie menu from the front desk, and told the waiter we weren't impressed. He did nothing to try and improve the situation. We had to ask 4 times for a bottle of water before it came.
We did speak to the manager and he did knock some money off the bill but really didn't make me feel that he was apologetic or that they had done anything wrong. He said our waiter was usually very good - that wasn't our experience!
I can only think that there must have been a change in management since my last visit, the manager seemed too busy clearing tables (even though there were plenty of floor staff) to actually manage what was going on.
it was a shame because the food that did eventually come was really good (although cool as it had been waiting for the waiter to bring it to us) and we didn't have dessert or coffee as it was too late by the time we had our starters and mains. Won't be rushing back.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Went on saturday with my lil Family, great food and loved childrens menu viewer great idea.
Special thanks to our waiter Mister Mullins... To guy and great service