Queen's Hotel
  • Pool
US$127
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Best Western Royal Beach Hotel(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$79
Agoda.com
US$71
US$69
US$141
Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$93
Priceline
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewssea viewsunday carverylovely old hotelisle of wightsea frontthird floorbuffet stylelovely roomgunwharf quayshistoric dockyardedwardianweddingtlcfoyerseafronthovercraftvenue
Reviewed 16 July 2011

I actually didn't stay in this hotel, my parents stayed to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. As part of their stay I contacted the hotel to organise a surprise at a local restaurant. Unfortunately my simple request resulted in my parents being left on Southsea pier by a taxi. They then had to walk to the restaurant I had booked. I contacted the hotel to express my disappointment and asked for some form of apology and perhaps a complimentary bottle of wine. To my surprise the hotel director took no responsibility for the error and blamed the taxi company even though I'd given the hotel the address of the restaurant 3 times. If you do decide to stay at this hotel then make sure you haven't got a surprise, it may be a lovely on the inside but if thingd go wrong then its not their fault remember

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank mrspegers
Reviewed 16 July 2011

As the lift was out of action and on the 3rd floor No offer to take bags, Told to pay £10 extra for a sea Veiw which I didnt want Sleeping Mattress springs where showing through, Bath water pressure to low took 5mins to fill, Food ordered from bar menu Only fish and chips told fryer out of action. Better Value at a Travel lodge, Inn Keepers or Premier Inn

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank 143430Glenn
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Shame that the lift was out of action (it had been for 3 weeks, we were told) but some consolation that we were on the first floor. The other members of our family were on the third floor, but were young & fit !!

Our room (no 125) had all the necessary items in the bathroom for having a shower. Shower caps, shower gels even a notice on the wall to ask politely to always use the shower curtain.........pity the room didn't have a shower !!!!!

Breakfasts were buffet style and acceptable.

Special mention for Irene on reception, who was charming & most helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank wsmYecla_Spain
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Easy to find a parking space on arrival, and it's free to guests. Car park was full a few hours later though as there was a function, so recommend getting there early at peak times.

We had room 127, on the first floor. We had a balcony overlooking the common, and a sea view, which caught the sun in the morning. The room was very spacious (if a little dated), with a little 'dressing room' area with a wardrobe between the bedroom and the bathroom. Bathroom contained a bath and a separate shower, and there was a hairdryer.

We didn't eat in the restaurant, choosing instead to visit one of the many in the neighbouring roads.

Room Tip: Request a sea view room
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sabbycat43
Reviewed 17 June 2011

The Queens hotel is in a good position in South Sea, for restaurants and night life. Their food in the restaurant is overpriced and the bar menu I found the same, in the street outside the hotel there are a lot of good priced restaurants. The rooms of which I have stayed in a few over the past three years, are acceptable, normal windows so you can hear the city all night long, some of the rooms over look an inner service area, over all the hotel needs a revamp to bring it into the 21st century. For the price you can get better, as there is a large choice of Hotels, Apartments and Bed & breakfast within Portsmouth. Internet was a system called Cloud, which you have to buy time to use.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business