“Great Place for a Wedding Reception” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Queen's Hotel

Queen's Hotel
Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Portsmouth
St Albans
“Great Place for a Wedding Reception”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I wanted to commit to writing my sincere and heartfelt thanks to the Queens Hotel & staff for providing a magnificent backdrop and service at my daughters wedding.

While of course the day was in itself very special to me I was very impressed with the service provided by the team which was seamless, friendly and professional.

In particular a very special thank you to the bar team who were incredibly efficient, friendly and understanding.

We stayed at the hotel and the rooms were very spacious and comfotable.

Very impressed all round.

Room Tip: We had 241 overlooking the Solent - fantastic
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ted H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

May 17th 2014, my best friend was married at the hotel.
The staff put on a fabulous event.
At the end of the night sadly I lost an expensive and sentimental bracelet, after calling on the Sunday with no avail I was sure it had been found by a stranger and kept.
On May 23rd I had a phone call from the hotel to say the bracelet had been found in the car park and was in the safe ready for me to collect.
It's hard to have faith in people these days, so this has truly restored my belief that there are good, honest people out there who do a fantastic job and care about others.
Thank you so much for a wonderful wedding and customer service that I will never forget.
Fantastic hotel and staff :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Me and my Wife have recently stayed at the Queens Hotel. The facilities were superb, the staff were friendly and very welcoming.
The hotel was very clean and tidy and i can say that it was a very memorable experience and we will be visiting again soon.
I would like to say thankyou to all the staff for for a great experience and rate this hotel 10/10

Mr P Hatch

Room Tip: Enchanting Sea view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank peter h
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at The Queens Hotel on the Monday evening with my partner I have to say that the room was amazing very big lots of storage space the bathroom was very clean. The staff were very helpful and nice. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends and my partner and I would stay here again. Oh and the sea view was stunning.

Stayed May 2014
Fareham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

My daughter had her wedding reception here last month and I have to say a huge thank you to all of the staff for making her day exceptional.
From the cleaner to the manager, all staff could not do enough to help. I stayed here for 2 nights: my room was well presented, very clean and comfortable, not to mention spacious. Our breakfast was included for both nights and the selection of food on offer was vast and of a high quality.
My daughter chose to have an afternoon tea for her wedding breakfast - this was truly delicious. Again the selection and quality was impressive with many guests commenting that it was unique and memorable. Staff during the wedding reception worked so hard and were attentive and polite all day. Tarik the manager ensured the day ran smoothly and had the best hospitality skills I've seen in a long time.
I would recommend this hotel to everyone and intend on returning soon to enjoy more of the hotel's food and facilities.
Thank you.

Room Tip: Request a sea view...stunning!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lindsay L
Catfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Although originally fully booked on the night we wanted to stay, we managed to get a room in the end. Quite a small room , but fantastic sea views, very clean and great hot drinks tray!
Very quiet at night time and slept very well, would definitely return on future visits to Portsmouth. The Queens would always be our first choice. We had family members stay before also, with a very splendid large room and balcony! we also got engaged on this weekend :)

Room Tip: Rooms vary - some large and some quite small rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Fareham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

We stay at The Queens every year for our anniversary and love the period styling. The staff are A1 and happily do everything they can to make you feel comfortable. This was our 5th year and we will be returning. Thank you!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple