“One of my favourites........”
Review of Queen's Hotel

Queen's Hotel
Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Portsmouth
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Always such an immense pleasure to visit The Queens. We love that Melanie and her team are so welcoming and pleased to see us! Even remember our names and with being so busy all the time. Honestly is the best service we know and our favourite roast!!! Thank you once again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bloomwood
There are newer reviews for Queen's Hotel

Reviewed 4 June 2014

What a shame ! was very expectant of this Hotel after speaking with a lovely lady and booking dinner on a saturday evening early at 6.30 for a party of 14 without actually staying over night this establishment was seen in high regard by the family as my late Mother used to take tea there during the war years and said how fabulous it made her feel ? yes its a beautiful building with superb decor but on this day the Kitchen let it down badly ?? we waited 1 hour 15 minutes for our meal and when it did arrive it was very disappointing and overpriced for what was served. However they did work with us when the bill arrived and our young waiter Luke was Fantastic no reflection on him just the kitchens getting it horribly wrong. Will not be returning.

Room Tip: Eat out. !
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We are just back from our third stay at Queen's Hotel, Southsea and, once again, it didn't disappoint. It was a special wedding anniversary for us and the staff made sure it was memorable for all the right reasons. The warmth of the hospitality is outstanding and the attention to detail. The room was clean and serviced carefully and it had a great sea view. It is so nice to be able to watch the activity on the Solent especially when there is no energy to do more! The location is superb. It is our favourite place to stay and we look forward to visit number four!!
CH

Room Tip: Just tell the Reception Staff what you are looking for and they will do their best to provide it. We...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cathy H H
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The staff at the hotel are quite jolly. I was checked in my a friendly lady who made me feel welcome.

The hotel itself is getting a bit shabby but nothing too unpleasant. I has a sea view room and it lived up to its name. The breakfast, reasonably priced, wasn't just about average.

Happy to stay here again. Good value for money.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed here in May 2014 for 2 nights. Room was basic, no A/C & got very warm at night. Staff v pleasant & helpful. Had been out to dinner on the first night so got home late, about 11.30. When I went into the room the lights were blown, so a bit of a pain. Too late to get them fixed but I reported it the next morning and it was fixed by the time I got back that evening.

Overall, a nice hotel, maybe more suited to holiday makers than business. Good location and the view from the sea view rooms was lovely.

Room Tip: I would recommend a nice sea view room!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I wanted to commit to writing my sincere and heartfelt thanks to the Queens Hotel & staff for providing a magnificent backdrop and service at my daughters wedding.

While of course the day was in itself very special to me I was very impressed with the service provided by the team which was seamless, friendly and professional.

In particular a very special thank you to the bar team who were incredibly efficient, friendly and understanding.

We stayed at the hotel and the rooms were very spacious and comfotable.

Very impressed all round.

Room Tip: We had 241 overlooking the Solent - fantastic
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ted H
Reviewed 23 May 2014

May 17th 2014, my best friend was married at the hotel.
The staff put on a fabulous event.
At the end of the night sadly I lost an expensive and sentimental bracelet, after calling on the Sunday with no avail I was sure it had been found by a stranger and kept.
On May 23rd I had a phone call from the hotel to say the bracelet had been found in the car park and was in the safe ready for me to collect.
It's hard to have faith in people these days, so this has truly restored my belief that there are good, honest people out there who do a fantastic job and care about others.
Thank you so much for a wonderful wedding and customer service that I will never forget.
Fantastic hotel and staff :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends