“Pleasant pub”

Ranked #129 of 731 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Beefeater opened their doors back in 1974, and were driven by a passion for glorious steak. Mouth-watering cuts at mouth-watering prices was their motto. Reassuringly nothing's changed, these things still drive them today and they always will. Beefeater believe in two things, a warm friendly welcome and serving incredible steak that you can kick back, relax and enjoy. Whether you're visiting Portsmouth Harbour, the Mary Rose Museum or Kings Theatre, you're sure of a warm welcome from our experienced & friendly team; Carol has 30+ years service!
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

It has good wheelchair access it has heavy doors which I found difficult. The staff attended to seat us quickly. Plenty of room to move around in which is a bonus. The menu has a good range of meals etc and the portions are of a good size. They arrived hot and flavoursome. The staff were attentive and had a good sense of humour. It was busy but not overpowering or noisy.

Reviewed 14 October 2016

Great if you want something reasonably priced to eat
Parking onsite
Close to motorways
Food choices good
Food good
Plenty of seating

Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

Small portions for the money. The risotto on the mid week menu is minus the chicken so you have to pay extra. On first contact with the waitress we were not informed that the Pepsi or the chips were refillable. The corn on the cob was such a tiny portion that we sent it back and asked for more. Left the establishment feeling pretty disgruntled and not likely to return. No longer value for money I'm afraid.

Reviewed 30 September 2016

Booked table online ten minutes before arriving. Straight in and seated. Attentive staff, very nice surroundings. Food came quickly and was very tasty. We had potato skins, and burgers from the set "value" menu. I would recommend, and would definitely go back!

Reviewed 29 September 2016

Stopped here for Sunday roast on our way back from holiday. Ordered roast chicken
for myself and roast beef for my partner. His beef was good but the veg undercooked some almost raw and the potatoes were hard as bulletts maybe microwaved. My dinner was awful the chicken was roast and then deep fried so dry and horrible my potatoes and veg was as bad as my partners. the pudding was good. Although we did get 40% of my meal we will not be visiting that place again. Whats happened to the standards at beef eaters.