“Dreadful - Dreadful - Dreadful” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Southsea Holiday Home and Lodge Park

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Southsea Holiday Home and Lodge Park
London, United Kingdom
“Dreadful - Dreadful - Dreadful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

What a desolate place! No trees, shrubs, flowers, just a couple of pegs to divide the pitches. Being open 12 months means that there are a lot of people living there long term and working from there, therefore it doesn’t feel like a holiday destination.

Why Hoseasons would choose this site, to put holiday makers is beyond me, in fact if I purchased a holiday there through Hoseasons I would be extremely upset, this is not a place for a family holiday.
The club house and restaurant is awful, a throwback from the 1960’s. We were told that there was a restaurant and it served meals until 8pm. When we went into the dingy place at 7.30pm the woman behind the bar (in between eating her ham roll) told us the chef had left early, because they hadn’t had any customers for hours (not really surprised) and that there was no food available - not even a bar snack…….or a ham roll !! Most unhelpful attitude. Thankfully we only stayed one night and very glad to move on.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 180mgk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

I must admit to being worried after reading previous reviews - but I needn't have! We hired a 2 bed basic static caravan - it was clean and perfectly adequate for our needs - the beach was quite literally next to us and my children were able to run off exploring without the need lug great bags of stuff for a trip to the beach - the staff were incredibly helpful and were only a phone call away. When I had a problem with an appliance one evening, they responded within minutes. On site facilities are what you would expect on a small site, but to be honest without all the bells and whistles of larger more commercial sites, I was able to spend some real family time with my children - a good old fashioned beach holiday - I brought home 3 exhausted and happy children. I would question whether the people leaving bad reviews actually voiced there grievances whilst on site and allowed staff to address the problems. We had such a good time that I am going to buy the static caravan that we stayed in, so that we can take advantage of the location and hospitality on a regular basis.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Mrsmboyt
east midlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Not the nicest of sites, No colour just gravel and weeds everywhere, The caravan we hired through hoseasons was overpriced for what it was, A basic caravan with an old tiny tv and a dodgy satelite reception, Electric heaters for the bedrooms which i didnt feel safe with as we have a toddler and they get very hot, a stained living room carpet, carpet in the toilet area which is a definate no no! and a few more gripes but you get the picture. on the good side though it is in an excellent location right on the sea front and provides an ideal base for exploring portsmouth, with a lot of tlc this could be a lovely site, update the caravans, lay a bit of grass and plant a few flowers and trees thats all it would take.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank libbyskye2003
Newport, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

We rented a 3 bed Caravan to visit our son at Portsmouth Uni. The caravan was spacious and was clean and tidy, and was warm with the gas fire in the lounge, and a electric convector which we took for the bedrooms as it was February.
The staff were pleasant and attended to a couple of items quickly.
The bar was quiet and friendly with sky sports when we went.
Lightning around to site was lacking, and there appeared to be a number of residential/permanent tourers who live there.
This is not really a holiday site but for us was a good location to spend a few days visiting.
The location of the site is good and you can walk to Southsea /Portsmouth along the coast one way , and to the Hayling Ferry , the other.There is also a small municiple swimming pool just outside the entrance.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank wendyleverton
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

we just come back from this place , i have never stayed in a place like it , our caravan was clean , but payed 33 pound for gas electric , only had 1 electric fire , got directed to wrong caravan , only enough water for one person to shower , our toilet did not work and when fixed ,it was not done properly , so no toilet most of holiday , the tv volume kept going up and down , it is an old tv that no one has no more , the pub ,well never seen anything like it , it gives portsmouth a bad name , sunday evening full of drunks , you could not of had children in there it was disgusting behaviour , this caravan site should not be renting to holiday makers , the bar man blared the music soooo loud early evening we could not talk , i think it is sad as it is situated in a lovely place , but needs to be sorted out , we caravan all the time ,if this was your first one you would never do it again

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vwcamperlover

Travellers are raving about these Portsmouth hotels

Reading, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

We just got back from a 3/4 day break which I got though 'The Sun' if I had paid anymore than £80 I would have been well upset.
Firstly the good points:
The caravan was ok but clean so I was happy about that.
The staff that booked us in were friendly.
Site in a good place 2 miles into southsea along the beach.
Bad points:
The site has nothing and what it does have is a joke.
The club house is so dated staff very poor on the phone all the time. Not good customer service at all
Felt over dressed in my travel clothes. Went once and never again.
Poor lighting throughout the site.
Outside the bar were large plant pots but no lights around them at night. H &S might be interested in that.
Caravan had poor heating no gas fire working and a electric fire that gave out little or no heat. At night it was freezing.
I also noticed loads of workman living on the site at 7am there was loads of cars vans leaving the site. I understand that they have to rent out the caravan in the winter but I'm not sure if this in the same in the summer.
Do not stay here with family and only stay if you want to have this place as a base to visit Portsmouth etc. How every I'm sure you could fine some last minute deals in a hotel for a night or two.
This is the worst review I have had to write on here. I know you get what you pay for so paying £80 for three night was fine as a base to visit other places.
If you can avoid this place please find some where else to stay.
As for a Sun newspaper holiday I will make sure I have a good look before booking next time.
I would like to say one good thing My Husband and I had a great time for 3 nights in Southsea and Portsmouth we visited some nice pubs and loved the sea front. We had ice cream on the beach and loved our few days away. Just wish we would of stayed somewhere else.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank warden535
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Collected the sun tokens for this holiday but one all extras were added it amounted to £126 far off a £9.50 holiday. We arrived late so had to collect our keys from the bar. More like a local pub with people smoking next to the entrance toilets were dirty with paper all over the floor. Given the map with the wrong van circled luckily this is a tiny park. Got to the van. Concrete steps with 2 wobbly breeze blocks at the bottom very unsafe as we had brought our nan. As you enter the van there is a worn patch on the limo easily covered by a mat. The first of many many terrible points. The standard of cleaning is terrible. Dirt left on the kitchen floor. Horrible smell grime all over shower head shower doesn't fit into the holder and therefore you have to hold it when showering. Caravan seats and curtains extremely worn and faded. Plug socket in kitchen is cracked and got extremely hot when anything was plugged in. The master bedroom was full of mould and having asthma this is a bad thing for me. The only thing good for this van is the scrap avoid v7 at all costs complained to reception and all that was suggested was send the cleaner round. All the Maintainance issues couldn't be solved so we effectively done the job of the staff and reported the problems. The lady in reception was unhelpful and didn't seam to to care just filled out a guest form. Watch out for the massive speed humps and boulders around the park! For a privately owned park where most vans are owners you would have thought they would have been replaced! Avoid this horrible smelt dirt dump. Don't bother to pay extortionate amounts for smelly worn linen when you could buy a new set for the same price! Save your money don't go here! I would provide pictures but can't seem to find out how to upload.

Stayed February 2014