Southsea Holiday Home and Lodge Park
ibis Budget
The George Hotel(Portsmouth)
US$126
  • Restaurant
Number Four Boutique Hotel(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
Premier Inn Portsmouth (Horndean) Hotel(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$76
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Havant Rowlands Castle Hotel(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$144
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
US$127
getaroom.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 June 2014

stayed in a static with my young son, the van was dirty, hairs stuck to the table in the front room and on the worktop, microwave dirty, a raggedy dirty old mop and worn out brush in the cupboard, ants crawling all over the place, under the seats in the front room someone had emptied a tub of ant killer all over the place,
the weeds and brambles were so overgrown they reached up over the roof of the van and scraped all night long, thankfully didnt have to use the public showers as they looked revolting, although not much worse than inside the van.
went to the 'clubhouse' where i overheard the staff talking about how awful the food they served was, and how it was cheap rubbish, worse than asda's?? their words.
lots of fagbutts everywhere and workers and people that were obviously regulars, happily smoking and swearing away in front of my 3 year old, im pretty liberal minded, but this place is filthy, it doesnt cost money to keep somewhere clean, this place is clearly not cared for, i would absolutely not recommend, maybe try Hayling Island, im from Portsmouth and of course cant recommend Pompey enough, but steer very clear of this dump.

Room Tip: steer clear
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank splash d
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I booked this through the Sun by mistake as was looking for something with facilities for 6&7 year old. It was clear that this park didn't have those facilities upon double checking but the info was there and it was my mistake. The caravan we stayed in was clean and had all equipment that we required. The beach was clean and so was the park. We used the camp as a base to explore Portsmouth and found so much to do. I don't really understand all the hysterically negative reviews (checked here the day before we left and started panicking that we would get ill). However the camp is cheap and cheerful and perfect for the beach or as a base. Can't comment on bar as we didn't get entertainment passes.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank RebeccaMullens
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Just got back from a bank holiday break with extended family. We holidayed here as youngsters when it first opened over 20 years ago & wanted to bring our kids here to share the fun we had as it was a beautiful, clean site. No such chance ! Site is so rundown it looks like it should be closed down. No shop on site, the cafe which is advertised as being opened was shut at 10.30am in the morning. Only 1 toilet block open, which was disgusting, no soap, toilets that hadn't been cleaned. Tiles off the walls & ceiling - think the mould has finally given up trying to hold them up ! Cracked sinks - the list is endless. Potholes in the road and on the pitches. Such a disappointing letdown. The best part of this holiday was leaving to come home & feel clean again !!!! Shame on the owners

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank mejkjs
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My family and I camped here over the holiday weekend. It is a wonderful place. The bathrooms were very clean, the playground was well kept, the pub served cold beer! The locals were very friendly and inviting. We had no issues with noise. The nearby beaches are very nice. We will come back!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I booked this holiday through The Sun. It was the worst mistake ever. I took my 1 1/2 year old great grandson with me as I was sure there was entertainment and things to do there for him. IE a swim pool and play area. How wrong can one be. The play area advertised apparently suitable for under 12,probably, but definitely NOT any younger than 5. The pool was closed until July apparently this is made clear in the Sun, NO it wasn't. I was told there was a pool outside the site about 5 mins away) along with a play area that would be suitable for a young child. Both of these were in opposite directions of each other. The play area was in an estate so nothing to do with the site. I had booked a breakfast for the morning we were leaving and on arrival was told that as myself and only one other caravan were the only ones wanting it the Chef decided it wasn't worth coming in, plus on arrival I was told there was no entertainment at night as they don't have it on for the 4 day breaks. Again this was paid for and definitely not specified in the booking. I was given vouchers to spend in Nelsons Bar. I thought ok but then found out that food was NOT served until 5pm any night the bar itself was closed until 4pm every day. So if you wanted a quiet day in the van you were out of luck entertainment wise or even getting a coffee.On the first night I went to the bar for food and asked if I could possibly have a small amount of milk for my Great grandson only to be told they DO NOT sell it and the nearest shop was the Spar about 5 mins away but it was shut. The only milk they had was the little cartons you get with coffee or tea. No attempt was made to ask the kitchen. The Sun really need to take this site off its list as it does not offer everything it says it is supposed to
A very disgruntled customer