“food for the night”

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
“food for the night”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

this restaurant is the last time I would ever go there I find them very rude the waitress and inpatient to get your order in being it was all you can eat the beer was very expensive and not on draft apart from that the food is fresh and good but the price is very expensive approx. £19.00 for all you can eat the price is pretty high considering you don't eat along that price range our bill was very high nearly £100 quid I think they need to think about decreasing there charges on there food this is Portsmouth for Christ's sake not London

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank ridetheroad

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“A little expensive but good never-the-less”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I've been here a few times now and have never had cause for complaint. The main reason we go here is because they do Dim Sum which is a real treat. Generally the place is clean, the décor is pleasant, the service is faultless and the food is good too. The only thing that prevents us visiting here more regularly are the prices. Generally if we want good Chinese food at a reasonable price we visit the Hong Kong Tea bar in Lake Road, Portsmouth but for a change Twins is good.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank nckweeks
Hastings UK
“Not bad”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Now I love Chinese/far eastern food, and have been spoilt with by my experience of the best food city in the world that city being Singapore. The food at Twins was the normal selection that most British Chinese restaurants offer. I had a filling hotpot soup thing that tasted a little like Tom yum soup the squid and mussels were tasty the prawns were tasteless, my wife's Chinese prawn curry was the same as any other Chinese restaurant, the portion sizes were of a good size though so the meal was filling. The service was polite and quick although it was not busy.
Why oh why do Chinese restaurants never look up at their ceilings they are usually old dis-coloured and in need of attention Twins is no exception.
So in general the food was OK but nothing special. In truth if I stayed in Southsea again I'd try another Chinese restaurant

• Visited February 2014
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Service terrible, food quite good though”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We went here recently, encouraged by excellent reviews on TripAdvisor, but ended up slightly disappointed. The food was good, although somewhat salty, but my main impressions of the place revolved around the terrible service. About half way through the meal we tried in vain to get somebody's attention for a second bottle of wine, but in the end we gave up. I suspect the waiting staff do not really listen to the customers, as our order had to be sent back because it was wrong. We probably will not return, bearing in mind the very strong competition on Albert Road.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Alex R
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Authentic chinese”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I visited the is restaurant after reading the good reviews and can say that all that i read was true.The food was excellent and the portions were a good size.There was also a lot of local Chinese in there which says something of the quality food.The staff were laid back but efficient but the down side was the decor as it really could do with smartening up.

Visited September 2013