“Best burgers we've had!”
Review of The Jolly Sailor

The Jolly Sailor
Ranked #446 of 651 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Bournemouth, England
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best burgers we've had!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Had the jalapeno burger, nicest burger we have had, big appetite a must and we are both jolly full. Perfect after a few hours on the road.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank blakz

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Pleasant Surpeise”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Decided at the last minute to go in for a meal, it was very quiet which seemed unusual for a warm sunny Sunday afternoon, once entering we found out why, they were redecorating/refurbishing so no alcohol was being served as the new license did not start again until Monday, the decor as you can imagine had been freshened up and looked crisp and clean, the menu was limited this weekend so we decided to have a burger and chips, we were not expecting much but we were pleasantly surprised by the fresh home made burger and ingredients. The two young bar people were chatty and helpful, will definitely being going back when they have finished refurbishment to enjoy a beer with my meal.

• Visited April 2014
Eastleigh
“Delicious food. Fantastic entertainment. Great atmosphere.”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

What a great night at the Jolly Sailor Southsea. Their new chefs are amazing I had a Mushroom Stroganoff which was very well presented and had a lot of flavor I'm not a vegetarian but chose this because it sounded tasty and it didn't disappoint one of the best meals I have ever eaten My Friend Si had the Steak which was also very well presented and he said it was incredible. We stayed on all evening because they where holding another heat of southsea's got talent which was hosted by the fabulous Rachael Hawnt who I'm a big fan of and the acts that had entered the competition where all Amazing all in all it was a very Entertaining and pleasant evening with a great atmosphere that any one would enjoy young or old. I can't wait until the next heat on the 1st May 2014 I will defiantly be going back.

• Visited April 2014
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“Worst food I ever tasted”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This pub looks nothing like the pictures it's tatty and not welcoming. The Sunday carvery was the worst meal I have ever eaten I brought a groupon voucher for 3 course carvery not one course was I able to eat! The staff were awfully just dropping the plates on the table infrount of us I couldn't wait to leave

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Ti1ger
bognor regis
“Don't believe all you read”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Despite all the negatives on here about this place we could not find the staff more helpful and accommodating. Generally food was of a good standard and if you have gone here on a Groupon voucher for 3 courses for 2 for £ 17 then it is good value for money and the 'moaners' ought to get a grip.My only critisim is that it would help if the plates were hot.
We have eaten at a great variety of places here and abroad and had a great deal worse at a lot more cost!

• Visited February 2014