“GREAT FOR TEA AND CAKE”

The Tenth Hole Tea Rooms
Ranked #1 of 13 Dessert in Portsmouth
Price range: US$4 - US$11
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a buzzing little tearooms on Southsea Seafront....adjoined to a 9 hole golf course, we offer scrumptious breakfasts, lunches and delicious cakes! We provide a friendly and relaxed environment, overlooking the golf course, whilst offering freshly prepared meals and cakes. Southsea Golf Links is a 9 hole pitch and putt links course. 'Links course' means 'by the sea' and, as such, the course offers a more challenging environment - due to its exposure to the elements! The course ranges from 50 to 91 metres holes.
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This is my first visit to the Tenth Hole in 6 years after l was asked to leave (by the previous management) for having the audacity to ask them to heat my childs food as it meant l was not within the minimum spend per person.

It was GREAT to see that it is now under new management who have injected some fresh ideas and quality into a business that was on its knees (salmonella outbreak and all that).

My friend and l enjoy delicious tasty cakes and a large pot of tea, the peanut butter brownie is enough for two and tastes wondeful. The cakes seem to be some bought in others made however despite this we had two to try and felt full when we left. Main menu looked good too, however we had already had lunch at Capers so it was a visit for cake.

I will now go back.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

If you want delicious cakes then this is by far the best destination in Portsmouth / Southsea.

The problem with being renowned for your cake is that you need a venue big enough to comfortably "house" your customers and I'm sad to say that despite the renovation it's still quite cramped, there's a long queue and then if your really lucky (like I was) you get barricaded in by the mums with *mega prams*. This was made worse by the screaming children and even louder parents. I understand that children do go out with their parents, I can even understand the need to put them in prams and pushchairs. But for me, this kind of atmosphere was awful and it is made worse by the cramped space.

However, the food here is really good ! The cakes are divine ! And the staff are cheerful.

1  Thank Florence H
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Popped in here Friday lunchtime, nice food especially the cakes, excellent surroundings, quick & efficient staff, overall a good place to experience. We had pulled pork, salmon & cream cheese bagel and a croque madame which was a little bit too cheesy, but still TASTY. Look forward to our next visit.

1  Thank Sally C
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The cakes and breakfasts that were being served all looked fab but I went specifically for the Vegan Raspberry and Passionfruit which was amazing!
Great atmosphere and ambience and friendly staff too.
Will definately be going back....a lot!!!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Called in here on an early Wednesday afternoon in August, it was quite busy but not packed. Ordered tea for three and three diffrent cakes. There was far too much tea and the size of the cake portions enormous we had to wrap up some of the cake and bring it home with us, so be aware. Having said that it was good value and both the tea and cakes were very good indeed. Speedy sevice and a range of seatinf options.